Vancouver, BC
Little Mountain DGC-Q.E. Park Share
Uploaded By: Drivethrutke Hole #9 (Taken 8/2011)
Hole #9 Short Tee

Intermediate Course Set In A Beautiful Park!

1    8/15/2009   8/18/2009
Pros: If you play here, take time to explore the rest of Queen Elizabeth Park. It's stunningly beautiful and immaculately maintained featuring spectacular views of the citie's skyline. The course is set in one small corner of the park. It has some scattered trees, slight elevation and one nasty looking pond to throw over. The unique feature is the two different shaped teepads: octagonial for 1-9 and then the regular rectangular shaped for 10-18. The octagonial ones don't allow much room for any run-up but you really don't need it here. I think this is a clever (and simple way) to distinguish between the two. I felt that # 9- # 18 over the pond was as close as this course comes to a signature hole here. It just might get your heart beating a little faster.
Cons: There is very little challenge here for anyone above the intermediate level. So that leaves it for what it is. It's a nice little throw in a city park. Good place to get in a practice round or introduce a newbie to our game. It was fairly crowded with groups but they were quick to let me play through. The pond is certainly hungry for discs and definitely gobbles it's share.
Other Thoughts: I'd hate to be a Canadian golfer with a big arm because there just aren't a lot of courses in the Vancouver area to show that arm off. I played five courses and all five would fall into the beginner/intermediate catagory. As Mr. Stengle mentioned in an earlier review, the course does seem kind of stuck here in this small corner of this large park. Even if they had incorporated the area where the practice baskets are, they could have helped.

Average at best

5+    8/5/2009   8/5/2009
Review By: maniak
Pros: This course has a nice setting on the side of a gradual slope in a huge park right in the middle of Vancouver. The slope is not quite as severe as the course at Jericho Hill but this course layout makes better use of the hill as it goes across the hill, up and down. The tee pads are always in great shape and there's two sets which makes the most out of the nine basket layout.

This is the most popular course in Vancouver but never gets too busy. I've never experienced anything more than a 5 minute wait and waiting at tees very uncommon. Because there are two sets of tees, the course caters well to beginners and intermediate players.
Cons: The course doesn't cater to advanced players. I have about a years worth of experience and recently played the long tees after taking a two week break from disc golf and shot even par from the back tees.

Some people might say the signature hole is #9 over the pond but I think it's a boring hole. None of the holes are particularly picturesque or force you to use different shots. From the short tees I exclusively use my putter on five holes.

The front and back tees are shaped differently which is nice as you can easily tell which to use however, the front tees are an octagonal shape and as a result are not long enough to allow a proper run up.

Hole #4 is a short downhill shot and its very easy to throw your disc onto Ontario Street. This is dangerous for pedestrians or people on bikes. I've actually seen someone hit a person riding a bike past the course.
Other Thoughts: Others have said the locals who play here are unfriendly. (See a review on the Langley Passive Park Reviews page) I disagree, I've run into the Q Club many times, they're great guys. They usually are playing a safari style game but they always allow those playing the proper layout to play through and are always appreciative of a good shot or putt.

This has been my home course for the last year and I've grown rather bored of it. I feel like I've out grown it and I want some more challenge. I'm not a big believer in playing safari golf, I would much prefer a course be tough and rewarding by design.

Other than disc golf, there's many other activities available in this park. There is a pitch and putt right next to the disc golf course. It costs about $10 plus club rentals if you need them. There's also a swanky restaurant at the top of the hill with spectacular views of downtown and to North Shore Mountains.

Disc Golf in Vancouver

1    8/30/2008   9/2/2008
Review By: jsalyers1
Pros: This course is a short trip from downtown Vancouver. The park is nice, and very well maintained. Good use of limited trees, water, and other landscape features.
Cons: The park is quite small, open, with hole duplication use. There really are only 9 unique holes here... the remainder are just secondary tee placements. For the size of the park - many pedestrians feel the need it seems to play with their dogs and picnic on the course. This is a bit of an obstacle, and one that is not typical of many of the courses I have played. The real dissappointment here is for the size of the park - there was not more space consideration for disc golf.
Other Thoughts: I was with a friend who does not play that often... he wanted me to state to watch out for the goose poop - there was a lot of it. Also doggie doo.