Chelsea, QC
-- / --   3 / 213ft.   3 / 225ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

My first love

5+    9/16/2013   9/23/2013
Review By: Gu5To
Pros: Where do I begin? This was the first course I ever played, and it was love at first flight. It's always a treat for me to be able to come back and throw on this course.

This course is no walk in the park! It consists of hiking up and down a ski-hill, which allows for some holes with wonderful elevation changes. From 600' wide-open bombs down the mountain, to narrow tunnel shots that only putters can go, to challenging up-hill par 4s, to shorter technical-finesse holes, this course has it all.

The scenery from the top of the mountain is fantastic and it is so secluded from the hustle and bustle that I have even had deer block my fairway a few times. It's hard to believe that it's only 20 minutes away from Ottawa.

There are also two tee-boxes for each hole which allows for difficulty variation. Signage at the course is fantastic as well, displaying distance as well as location of each tee-box.

You're guaranteed a great workout at Camp Fortune.
Cons: If you are not in decent shape, you are in a for a rough ride with the constant climbing on the slopes. Dress accordingly, flip-flops will not cut it.

The convenience of garbage cans is non-existant, I'm guessing due to wildlife.

The walk from #6 basket to #7 tee is way too far, perhaps there is a way to add a hole in between to make the journey seem shorter.

Tee boxes are dirt and sometimes uneven, but it is to be expected on a ski slope.

Sometimes the growth on a few of the holes gets out of control, making it near impossible to retrieve errant discs.

I always have a fear of getting run over by a mountain biker on the holes near their bike paths.
Other Thoughts: I appreciate the dual tees at each hole, but other than a few holes (I'm thinking #4 mainly) I'm not sure the long tees are THAT much more challenging than the short.

Overall, this is a fantastic course that is always challenging and should be experienced by everyone. If you're in the area and thinking about playing Camp Fortune, do yourself a favour by packing your gear and get up there.