Kanata, ON
Navtel DGC Share
Uploaded By: snappyfingers   (Taken 5/2011)
Course Sign

nice, fun, easy walk in a great setting

1    9/19/2012   9/28/2012
Review By: ajjrt
Pros: Easy, mostly wide open to baskets...good birdie and maybe ace course. Even though short which is good for learning our great game, the course has a couple of nice hidden baskets...making a great place to practice those unique bender throws. Fun and enjoyable.
Cons: Biggest con was no signs. I downloaded course layout from ODGC site and the course was not laid out that way...which made it a little confusing. The tee boxes are somewhat marked with a red or blue board but they can be hard to find. Basket on hole #2 is bent! I still made my putts though.
Other Thoughts: Being from Seattle visiting the area...I was glad that I was able to find at least one place to play. The other place in area is on the Quebc side and was not able to get there. I did enjoy it and I think it is a great place to learn the game. Next time I come up to the area I hope to find some more courses, Yes!

New & Improved!

5+    3/5/2011   7/5/2011
Review By: EricAvery
Pros: - Fun: Not a world championship course but very fun, every time.
- Challenging: Trying to keep the disc out of the bushes and trees either side of the hole shot on 5 and the anny on 6 drives me crazy. I love it taking a crack at hose each time. The long anny on 2 is very challenging and the chance to stretch out the bomb shot on 3 is good sport.
- I love Kanata: I come here for work and love that I can play here. Parking is a snap and it's right of the 417 highway.
- Better: with the completion of construction of the building at the parking lot area the 3 holes in the start/finish section of the course have been updated, moved, improved and the main sign at the parking lot revised. This was a mess for 2 years and is now good to go and makes this wourse way better.
- Fun: I really like playing this little 9'er. It is great to throw 2 rounds at least.
- Hard: If you don't think so then throw from the long tees. The anny hole shots on 5 and 6 and getting around the pole on 6 are not gimmes.
- Wildlife: lots of animals and birdlife right inside this suburban spot.
Cons: - Short: If you are a pro then you've been warned. They might be short but I do not consider any of the holes as mickey mouse. 1 is very short but I am not an expert an anhyzers so it's still a challenge for me as an am.
- People traffic: common prople traffic/soccer kids and moms, but not usually much volume.
Other Thoughts: Of the few 9 hole courses I have played this is by the far the one I actually enjoy playing.

Meh...

1    8/30/2009   1/6/2010
Review By: theHip
This review was updated on 6/6/2010
Pros: It's a disc golf course with some enjoyable holes.
Cons: First, there was some construction going on, so the second last hole was not playable, and I lost a disc. Other than that it is a fairly boring course, with only a couple that were enjoyable.
Other Thoughts: I would still play this course regularly if I lived in the area, but I will probably not return to this course in favour of other Ottawa courses.

Kanata

1    11/1/2008   3/25/2009
Review By: aaronarndt
Pros: Very nice baskets.
Well maintained.
Close to Ottawa (right by 417).
Good use of limited space.
#2 through #7 has a decent flow. One could play the shorts, then longs through this section and make a ~decent 15 hole course, though the difference between the longs and shorts aren't ~so different that they will feel like new holes.
Many "ace runs".
An experienced player may not find this course challenging, but a novice player should score very well here. Hence, scores should be tight.
For only 9 holes, and in an area like this, there is enough difference between each to have a decent round, but don't expect greatness.
Cons: Not Picturesque, or isolated. Playgrounds, soccer fields, parking lots, and roads all within eyesight of essentially each hole.
Could be busy (pedestrian and other players) in high times.
Very public. *Not smoke/drink friendly.
Long walk between #1 and #2, and then #7 and #8. For only a 9 hole course, this format REALLY takes away from any kind of flow.
Wide open. Very little wind/precipitation protection, very little shade.
Short course. No hole will really challenge the distance of even a novice player (except for the long tee on #8). An advanced player should birdie most holes, with many "ace-runs".
Virtually no elevation changes.
In winter, the snow will be waist deep.
The Parkway.
Other Thoughts: If you're simply in town, make your way up and play in Gatineau if you can. It will definitely be worth the drive, and there is no border control to enter Quebec. If you are a beginner, this is a great course to start on that doesn't take much time to play and/or master.