Strathgartney, PE
Strathgartney Provincial Park Share
Uploaded By: DaKineSurfer32 Hole #11 (Taken 10/2009)
-- / -- Par / Distance:

Please Do Not Pay The $45 Toll To Come To PEI To Play This Course!

1    7/24/2015   7/24/2015
Pros: Strathgartney Provincial Park is a lovely green park with plenty of rolling hills, green grass and mature trees. The park has a playground, picnic shelters and restroom facilities. Because I'm not familiar with the park and I don't how crowded it gets on weekends, holidays, etc., I'm not sure if the park has quite enough space for a full 18 hole championship caliber type course. But, I know it has room for a great recreational course.

The current course suffers from neglect, vandalism, a terrible confusing layout, lack of use, wooden post targets, missing signs, scurvy, beriberi, acne, gout, child abuse, self abuse, lupus and leprosy.
Cons: There are scattered tee signs and targets in three different areas of the park. When you first enter the park, on your right are four targets and three tee signs. One of the many confusing aspects of this course is the fact that the # 7 tee sign seems to be placed only a couple of feet from the # 7 target.

In the next section, there are two targets. One says # 2, the other has no number. I also found the # 9 sign here lying face down, an apparent suicide.

Drive a little further into the park and you enter what seems to be the main area. Here I found targets 14-18 and signs, I think? I was pretty much a beaten down man by now. The course had gotten the best of me.

All the targets have been pulled and prodded and are all loose and leaning over.

The tee signs are extremely confusing.
Other Thoughts: Absolutely, do not waste your time attempting to play this course. The RCMP is on their way as I write with a demolition team. And that will be the end of this abomination.

And my hearts out to previous reviewer, josser, who ponied up $40 for the bridge toll just to play this course. He should have least gone over and visited the "Anne of Green Gables" house and taken home a few souviners. And the ferry is now up to $45. But at least there is another course to play right up the Road about 2-3 miles.

I visited and did not stay to play

1    6/13/2009   6/13/2009
Review By: josser
Pros: Very cute park.
Cons: Many of the posts are broken. Several of the posts are only 50-75 feet away from each other in open field. There is absolutely no signage other than the posts that are still standing have numbers on them.
Other Thoughts: I showed up to play the course and wandered around trying to sort out where most of the posts were. I never did find #1 or #18, but with the number of broken posts I suspect that those two holes were simply were no longer standing. Many of the posts are clumped together far too closely and then the next hole in sequence is absolutely nowhere to be found without some major exploring.

My frustration with this course was further increased by the fact that I drove from New Brunswick to try this course out. I payed $40 for the toll bridge to visit a mostly unplayable course.