Pros: Course Maintence
- course was in good shape. Lots of mowing but on some holes an errant shot and you are in some tall grass, good luck finding that disc.
- Lots of good thought went into this course. Baskets are tucked behind trees making most greens challenging. Length is good however there are a too many open shots. The course is very forgiving to the inaccurate throw.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
- baskets are terrible. There is a mixture here with some alright but others that are down right bad (good condition just a bad bad basket design.
Course design. Too many holes are wide open hucks. Not a tree between you and the basket. If there is a tree or two they can easily be taken out of play by a good hyzer.
Two old discs nailed to the ground. No actually line to mark the front of the pad.
Pros: Fantastic course that has a bit of everything. You can tell a lot of thought was put into the design. It has 3 different tee boxes for each hole making it more enjoyable for all. Challenging course that you will need just about every kind of shot at some point during your round. The city has done a great job with mowing the last couple years.
Cons: Not much negative I can say about this other than sometimes when it's rained a lot it can stay wet on the lower holes such as 5,7,8. The mando pole on the par 5 was recently taken out making it tougher to tell if you made it or not.
Other Thoughts: This is my favorite course in Alberta. If you're anywhere near it make sure to make the stop.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Hole placement makes excellent use of the terrain. Course has all kinds of shots from wide open bombs to tight tunnel shots through the trees. Good mix of left to right, right to left and straighter shots.
Course is well marked and easy to navigate. There are score cards and maps as you enter the park.
Cons: Bit of travel to get to. There is a lot of bush/trees just off most fairways which can make finding your disc a bit of a problem. Mosquitoes can also be a bit of a problem at times.
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses I've played and definitely worth the trip.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: World class course! It has everything, long holes, short holes, technical tunnel shots, elevation changes, OB, open fields, 3 teeboxes per hole, par 4's, and even a legitimate par 5. It is an excellent challenge especially from the pro tees.
Cons: - It's in Wetaskiwin
- long grass can make finding your disc quite difficult
- a few of the holes are quite swampy depending on the time of year (especially holes 5, 7 and 8)
- probably not the best course for beginner players, but there are short tees to play from.
Other Thoughts: Of the courses ive played across Canada this is one of the very best. If you are ever in the Edmonton area be sure to give it a try.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.