Whistler, BC

Unreal!

2-4    4/18/2010   4/24/2010
Review By: theHip
This review was updated on 6/6/2010
Pros: This is an amazing course. Definitely the best course I have played at. 27 amazing, unreal, fantastic, chose a word. It's going to be memorable course for sure.
They don't get much better than this. It has everything! Try to play this course because it is great!
Cons: Only Con's I can think of is that it was kind of hard for us to find the course initially. We asked the people at the spa where the course was. First time we played we were kind of freaked out because it was raining and the powerlines were buzzing.

Spectacular Surroundings

2-4    7/5/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: Bobbily
This review was updated on 4/1/2010
Pros: Amazing Views, Great changes in elevation, fairly well maintained, not too difficult to navigate. 27 Holes, (18 of which would get a 5 rating). I'm not too sure what else to say, except this is easily the nicest course in BC (that I've played). There is simply nothing else like it around, combine the stunning views with the innovation in holes and, well it makes for a very fun day of golf.
Cons: One of the 9 hole layouts isn't great. There are a few tonals, which sucks in my opinion. Its REALLY hard to find the 1st hole. Power lines above for a few holes. Its probably completely unplayable in winter time.
Other Thoughts: I like the wilderness hike type courses, and as far as that goes, this one cannot be beat. Bring water, and a snack (your car will be left behind for the duration of your round).

Amazing course!!

1    8/30/2008   10/28/2008
Review By: maniak
Pros: This course is so well planned out. At first when I was walking up to it I thought that the overhead powerlines ruined what was otherwise a lovely alpine disc golf course. However, as I began to play, it didn't take long to notice how well the holes are laid out in the open, shots around the power poles, and through the woods. The powerlines are actually used as another effective tool to challenge the golfer. This course is fairly well signed, as I never was lost. It has very nice forest scenery, playing over large boulders and through forests of Firs and Cedars. There are dual tee pads which enchance the replay-ability factor.
Cons: This isn't much of a con, but most of the holes are quite short, it might be nice to have a couple extra longer holes where one could really unload the driver. Another weak con is that the harsh terrain chews up one's disc relatively quickly compared to mostly grass or brush covered courses. Finally, because this course is located at the base of a ski mountain resort town, it's covered in snow 5-6 months of the year.
Other Thoughts: I wonder how often bears are sighted at this course, lots of bears around Whistler. Also, these picture do not at all do the course justice, head up to Whistler to see it for yourself, I doubt you'll be disappointed.