Roswell, GA
East Roswell Park Share
Uploaded By: whalaw Hole #4 (Taken 11/2009)
-- / --   3 / 225ft.   3 / 316ft. Par / Distance:

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Wooded Magic

2-4    7/26/2014   10/23/2014
Review By: kasonmoody
Pros: - Great variety of long and short holes.
- Will exploit weaknesses in your game, you'll learn something new every time you play.
- Great signage.
- Well groomed.
- Great range of difficulty with different tee pads.
Cons: - Only the black tee pads have concrete, the others definitely need updating.
- Tough to find your way. Definitely bring someone experienced with you.
Other Thoughts: Play this classic Atlanta course! Great disc golf, in a well kept up park. Plenty of risks, and plenty of fun to be had.

Great course

5+    9/28/2013   7/28/2014
Review By: cnalbers
Pros: Very challenging treed course. Lots of elevation variations. Decent mix of long, short, blind holes. Bathrooms, water fountain, and pavilion very close to start.
Cons: Parking can sometimes be full due to proximity to tennis courts.
Other Thoughts: The course doesn't seem like a priority to the park... have seen it in pretty poor shape. There are few, if any, benches, trash cans, signs, etc.

Get out of my dreams, and into the woods.

2-4    10/20/2012   11/8/2012
Review By: Connor Jones
Pros: A large variety of difficulty based on the tees of your choice.

Good, level, consistent teepads.

A huge variety of shots required to score even decently.

All discatchers in good shape.

Two separate loops for both 9's both starting and ending next to the parking lot.

Located inside of a very nice and friendly family park, with lots of other activities such as a large playground for your little rag-muffins to run around. :|

A hugeeeee amount of elevation, especially for an atlanta area course.

A good amount of benches spread throughout the course, you'll definitely want to use them.

Cons: Not a huge con, but, you will not be getting the chance to air out any shots here really. This course is all about precision, so not so much a con, but just something to think about.

If you're playing from the longs, off the top of my head I can recall a couple of tee-shots that are nearly impossible to get within two range off the tee.
Other Thoughts: This course is awesome. It challenges every single aspect of your game, seriously. You may get frustrated out here, the key here is to play real golf. Throwing big D drivers off the tee may grant you a chance at a 2, or you may kick early and be praying for a four. Play smart and it's very possible to hover around even for a solid intermediate level player.

If you're in this area of ATL, this is the course to choose. This, Perkerson & Moseley are the gems of the area, it's too bad they are all so far apart.

Great shaded course for that HOT Georgia sun

1    4/14/2012   4/15/2012
Review By: TNDiscGolfer
Pros: This course was in a great park with baseball fields, nicely taken care of soccer/lacrosse fields and tennis courts. Awesome playground area for kids. Picnic areas and pavilions and great parking. In a nice area of town as well. This was the first time I have been here and I loved every minute of it. The first hole was a little hard to find for people like me who have never been there but you ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. I love wooded courses so this was a paradise for me. I can only think of one hole where it was moderately open. The hole with the 18 wheel trailers, which was a nice touch but a crazy hard hole to get even a 3 on. I would recommend this course to anyone if your in the area and the locals were very nice and told me alot of great tips on the course and alot of info about other courses around. It was shaded the whole time and had a great breeze. Great challenge for beginners and pros. Nice tee boxes and informative signs that tell you which was next hole is. Not crowded at all when I went and I went on a Saturday which is a good sign that you can come here anytime and play at your own pace.
Cons: I can't really think of any cons except maybe better signs after the hole to point you to where next hole is. It tells you on original tee box sign but I often forget to pay attention at the tee. So not really a con but it would be nice to have a sign to help the non-locals out. Overall there was no major cons to complain about.
Other Thoughts: Heard it was a great course and used for many tournaments so that's why I chose this course to play on my limited time in Atlanta. I want to try the other local courses (Will's, Perkerson, Oregon) but I will definitely come back to this course for a round when I have more time. Highly recommended to pro's and beginners.

fun and challenging course

1    3/28/2012   4/3/2012
Review By: chainedwraith
Pros: - A great wooded course with excellent use of the elevation changes. Awesome design on most holes.

- tight lines and tight fairways but always a "fair way" to the basket. No poke 'n pray.

- signage was good and multiple teepad options makes it suitable for all skill levels.

- Hole 1 & 10 start by playground and holes 9 & 18 end near playground for an excellent loop back design.

- great variation in shots required on each hole.

- awesome & unique hole 4 with a set of freight trailers to clear in the fairway before a downhill green. Fun hole!
Cons: - worn-in natural tee pads that might cause some overly cautious run-ups during drives for those that are more used to playing on concrete pads. I could also see these getting a little messy & potentially slippery after some rain.

- navigation to the next hole can be tricky for first timers if you don't pay attention to the tee signs. Next hole location only seemed to be indicated on the tee signs and not with arrows after the basket. If you didn't notice where the next hole is on the tee sign and you don't see the obvious route then you may have to go back to the tee pad to check the sign. Once you've played the course once, this should no longer be an issue.
Other Thoughts: This course is more difficult than it looks. The park is nice and full of amnenities and the course gets plenty of play. I really enjoyed my round here despite not playing well. It's worth a stop if passing through town.

Challenging course

5+    6/14/2011   3/12/2012
Review By: atlskw
This review was updated on 5/25/2012
Pros: This is a great course which will require you to make all kinds of throws. You will need all your discs and strategy. If you can throw straight then you will hit the fairways otherwise you are in the woods. Lots of uphill throws which make it seem really far. 3 Tee boxes for each hole are color coded and are for all skill levels. So as you get better you can go longer with the Black tees. Baskets are pretty knew and have Yellow tops which make it easier to see in the summer with all the Green. Just a fun course.
Cons: Some tee boxes are washing away but not to bad. Some signs were missing but they do update frequently.
Other Thoughts: Alot of the holes are really good distance so bring your arm. On hole 4 if you land your disc on top of the big rig obstacles just beware a policeman told me he could arrest me for climbing up there to get the disc.

My home course

5+    1/6/2012   1/6/2012
Review By: kauf67
Pros: Have played this course hundreds of times and haven't played too many others. Course requires variety of shot types and has great variation on hole distances.
Cons: Extremely wooded, oftentimes alley-ways are very small

1    12/12/2011   12/15/2011
Review By: codyroberts18
Pros: We played 3 courses in the Atlanta on a trip for disc golf and this was by far the best course. This course had a great mixture of lengths, open, and technical shots. Although we finished the last 6 holes in the pitchblack dark, we had a great experience. We played black tees and they were very long and finished properly. Also, the baskets were superb. There were restrooms close to the course which was a huge plus. Tees were marked well and color coding made the black tees easy to distinguish from the others. The course was easy to follow and was a great challenge.
Cons: There were little things I disliked about this course. I may have overlooked it but I don't recall a sign pointing to hole 1. As I said, I may have overlooked it. Other than that minor thing, this was an awesome experience.
Other Thoughts: I had a blast playing this course as wooded courses are my favorite. And for another though, if you love huge playgrounds, there is one of the biggest I have ever seen that gave us a little flashback to childhood after the round. This was a great couse and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is in the Atlanta area.

Excellent Course

2-4    8/16/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: C6H12O6
Pros: If you are visiting Atlanta, this IS the course to play..and It's not far outside of the city. Although the course is heavily wooded, there are actual fairways..not 'throw and hope' luck shots, which makes the course enjoyable. If you keep it on the fairway, this course will reward you. The things I loved the most about this course were 1. The hole explanations. On the black tees there are these silver signs with a detailed explanation of how the hole plays and what a good score would be. It was pretty cool! 2. How broken in the course was; I could tell this course has been played a lot, which was a good thing. It was easy to walk and throw... and there were many broken in paths showing you where to go. If you are in Atlanta, this is the course you should go too.
Cons: After hole #3, I was kind of confused on where the next hole was... and there are not many signs pointing to where the next hole is. If the locals added a couple signs...this problem would be fixed.
Other Thoughts: This course is located in an excellent park with bathrooms, baseball fields, a great playground for the kids, soccer fields, a shelter with tables, tennis course and also bike and walking trails. This park would be a great place to bring the family, or to go out with a bunch of friends for the day.
Also! This is a shorter more accurate course. I only used my Buzzz and my Challenger the entire round and shot a 57 on my first time playing the course....and I do not play Open. If you want to unleash drives...this is not the course

One I will travel for

1    7/23/2011   8/20/2011
Review By: hound_dog
Pros: This is a fun course that requires you to use a variety of shots. Tee box placement changes not only length of the hole but shot type as well. The layout is very friendly if you only have time to play nine holes. The course is easy to find, and is close to the highway so it is very accessible.
Cons: The gravel tee boxes are hazardous, some of them are very washed out. The course is not extremely well marked, and it can be difficult to find the next hole. Hole number 4 is rather annoying with the semi trailers.
Other Thoughts: Though this course is very wooded, but a missed shot is not punished too harshly due to the lack of underbrush in many areas. I will definitely return to play this one again.

< Prev 1 2 3 4