Roswell, GA
East Roswell Park Share
Uploaded By: whalaw Hole #16 (Taken 11/2009)

Great shaded course for that HOT Georgia sun

1    4/14/2012   4/15/2012
Review By: TNDiscGolfer
Pros: This course was in a great park with baseball fields, nicely taken care of soccer/lacrosse fields and tennis courts. Awesome playground area for kids. Picnic areas and pavilions and great parking. In a nice area of town as well. This was the first time I have been here and I loved every minute of it. The first hole was a little hard to find for people like me who have never been there but you ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. I love wooded courses so this was a paradise for me. I can only think of one hole where it was moderately open. The hole with the 18 wheel trailers, which was a nice touch but a crazy hard hole to get even a 3 on. I would recommend this course to anyone if your in the area and the locals were very nice and told me alot of great tips on the course and alot of info about other courses around. It was shaded the whole time and had a great breeze. Great challenge for beginners and pros. Nice tee boxes and informative signs that tell you which was next hole is. Not crowded at all when I went and I went on a Saturday which is a good sign that you can come here anytime and play at your own pace.
Cons: I can't really think of any cons except maybe better signs after the hole to point you to where next hole is. It tells you on original tee box sign but I often forget to pay attention at the tee. So not really a con but it would be nice to have a sign to help the non-locals out. Overall there was no major cons to complain about.
Other Thoughts: Heard it was a great course and used for many tournaments so that's why I chose this course to play on my limited time in Atlanta. I want to try the other local courses (Will's, Perkerson, Oregon) but I will definitely come back to this course for a round when I have more time. Highly recommended to pro's and beginners.

fun and challenging course

1    3/28/2012   4/3/2012
Review By: chainedwraith
Pros: - A great wooded course with excellent use of the elevation changes. Awesome design on most holes.

- tight lines and tight fairways but always a "fair way" to the basket. No poke 'n pray.

- signage was good and multiple teepad options makes it suitable for all skill levels.

- Hole 1 & 10 start by playground and holes 9 & 18 end near playground for an excellent loop back design.

- great variation in shots required on each hole.

- awesome & unique hole 4 with a set of freight trailers to clear in the fairway before a downhill green. Fun hole!
Cons: - worn-in natural tee pads that might cause some overly cautious run-ups during drives for those that are more used to playing on concrete pads. I could also see these getting a little messy & potentially slippery after some rain.

- navigation to the next hole can be tricky for first timers if you don't pay attention to the tee signs. Next hole location only seemed to be indicated on the tee signs and not with arrows after the basket. If you didn't notice where the next hole is on the tee sign and you don't see the obvious route then you may have to go back to the tee pad to check the sign. Once you've played the course once, this should no longer be an issue.
Other Thoughts: This course is more difficult than it looks. The park is nice and full of amnenities and the course gets plenty of play. I really enjoyed my round here despite not playing well. It's worth a stop if passing through town.

Challenging course

5+    6/14/2011   3/12/2012
Review By: atlskw
This review was updated on 5/25/2012
Pros: This is a great course which will require you to make all kinds of throws. You will need all your discs and strategy. If you can throw straight then you will hit the fairways otherwise you are in the woods. Lots of uphill throws which make it seem really far. 3 Tee boxes for each hole are color coded and are for all skill levels. So as you get better you can go longer with the Black tees. Baskets are pretty knew and have Yellow tops which make it easier to see in the summer with all the Green. Just a fun course.
Cons: Some tee boxes are washing away but not to bad. Some signs were missing but they do update frequently.
Other Thoughts: Alot of the holes are really good distance so bring your arm. On hole 4 if you land your disc on top of the big rig obstacles just beware a policeman told me he could arrest me for climbing up there to get the disc.

My home course

5+    1/6/2012   1/6/2012
Review By: kauf67
Pros: Have played this course hundreds of times and haven't played too many others. Course requires variety of shot types and has great variation on hole distances.
Cons: Extremely wooded, oftentimes alley-ways are very small

1    12/12/2011   12/15/2011
Review By: codyroberts18
Pros: We played 3 courses in the Atlanta on a trip for disc golf and this was by far the best course. This course had a great mixture of lengths, open, and technical shots. Although we finished the last 6 holes in the pitchblack dark, we had a great experience. We played black tees and they were very long and finished properly. Also, the baskets were superb. There were restrooms close to the course which was a huge plus. Tees were marked well and color coding made the black tees easy to distinguish from the others. The course was easy to follow and was a great challenge.
Cons: There were little things I disliked about this course. I may have overlooked it but I don't recall a sign pointing to hole 1. As I said, I may have overlooked it. Other than that minor thing, this was an awesome experience.
Other Thoughts: I had a blast playing this course as wooded courses are my favorite. And for another though, if you love huge playgrounds, there is one of the biggest I have ever seen that gave us a little flashback to childhood after the round. This was a great couse and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is in the Atlanta area.

Excellent Course

2-4    8/16/2011   8/23/2011
Review By: C6H12O6
Pros: If you are visiting Atlanta, this IS the course to play..and It's not far outside of the city. Although the course is heavily wooded, there are actual fairways..not 'throw and hope' luck shots, which makes the course enjoyable. If you keep it on the fairway, this course will reward you. The things I loved the most about this course were 1. The hole explanations. On the black tees there are these silver signs with a detailed explanation of how the hole plays and what a good score would be. It was pretty cool! 2. How broken in the course was; I could tell this course has been played a lot, which was a good thing. It was easy to walk and throw... and there were many broken in paths showing you where to go. If you are in Atlanta, this is the course you should go too.
Cons: After hole #3, I was kind of confused on where the next hole was... and there are not many signs pointing to where the next hole is. If the locals added a couple signs...this problem would be fixed.
Other Thoughts: This course is located in an excellent park with bathrooms, baseball fields, a great playground for the kids, soccer fields, a shelter with tables, tennis course and also bike and walking trails. This park would be a great place to bring the family, or to go out with a bunch of friends for the day.
Also! This is a shorter more accurate course. I only used my Buzzz and my Challenger the entire round and shot a 57 on my first time playing the course....and I do not play Open. If you want to unleash drives...this is not the course

One I will travel for

1    7/23/2011   8/20/2011
Review By: hound_dog
Pros: This is a fun course that requires you to use a variety of shots. Tee box placement changes not only length of the hole but shot type as well. The layout is very friendly if you only have time to play nine holes. The course is easy to find, and is close to the highway so it is very accessible.
Cons: The gravel tee boxes are hazardous, some of them are very washed out. The course is not extremely well marked, and it can be difficult to find the next hole. Hole number 4 is rather annoying with the semi trailers.
Other Thoughts: Though this course is very wooded, but a missed shot is not punished too harshly due to the lack of underbrush in many areas. I will definitely return to play this one again.

East Roswell Park

1    8/20/2011   8/20/2011
Review By: Disc Golf Dan
This review was updated on 8/22/2011
Pros: My first impression was very good. It's a nice park with lots of facilities and plenty of parking. Hole #2 is probably my favorite, you toss over a small valley with multiple trees in the way. I hit the pin but it bounced out! There are only a limited amount of holes that are out of the woods, 3-5 are a few of these. Locals call these 3 holes Kudzu Corner. The longest whole is #16, at 517 feet this par 4 has a blind tee shot and it's an upward battle for sure. I liked the course and plan on going back. It's not far from Will's Park either!
Cons: Lots of trees and tight throws are a challenge but fun. A few holes get close to the road but it's not that bad. Beware of the Kudzu, it's throughout holes 3 - 5. Some holes are hard to find but I was able to manage. Lots of other activities going on at the park, I recommend going early in the day.
Other Thoughts: Used my tomahawk shot multiple times. This course is loaded with trees. You will need to adjust your throw throughout this one.

Challenging, Fun Course

1    6/28/2011   6/29/2011
Review By: Rosswake
Pros: Multiple Tee boxes on every hole

Wooded course that still allows for Long drive opportunities. Best of Both worlds!

The signage at each hole was great! It shows the hole layout, with distance and goal placement. I admit that I still walked a little to make sure the goal was where I thought on some holes, but the signs were very accurate.

Rolling hills throughout, so you get a great workout during the game.

Big trees everywhere that keep you cool even in the hot georgia summer.

A course with numberous trash cans! Nice!!

Laid out with a front nine and a back nine, so you come back toward the playground/bathroom area before you start the back 9 holes.
Cons: One tee box for each hole was concrete, but the other two options were gravel and some had some erosion issues. (not much, but not flat either). I liked the course from the long, concrete tees.
Other Thoughts: really fun course that will absolutely punish an errant throw from the teebox. I'm going to play this again soon!

East Roswell

5+    4/12/2011   6/23/2011
Review By: Chain Bangin' Joshua
Pros: Challenging holes force players to use a wide variety of throwing styles. Clean, clear pathways with good signage and indicators for the next tee. Course design allows for easy parking and halfway break. Hole #2 can be aced with the proper hammer throw. Hole #4 is incredibly unique as it works you around existing man-made structures no longer in use.
Cons: Poor launch tees of gravel and rock make drives unsteady. major elevation changes along the path make the front half of the course an exhausting walk.