Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Poimena Reserve Share
Uploaded By: natedawg Hole #1 (Taken 3/2011)
Hole #1 Long Tee

Beautiful views. Stunning.

1    3/1/2010   3/23/2010
Review By: KansasBoy
Pros: Absolutely stunning views from this hillside north of Hobart. We stopped and stared numerous times. I'll post some photos when I get a chance. It was just amazing, and the fact that the course was fun and challenging made it even better.

Nice hole set-up with a good range of shots. The monster uphill was a pain, but it was my only complaint about the layout.

dirt/cedar chip tee boxes. Usually this would bother me more, but these were well taken care of and easy to play on.

Map available online from the australian disc golf site or www.poimenadiscgolf.org [link]
I didn't look closely, but it appears that the large permanent map at the site is out of date.
Cons: No-one else was there. Usually, i'd be happy to have a course to myself, but i was excited about meeting some discgolfers from down under. No such luck. The course was absolutely empty.
Other Thoughts: As a tourist, it was a little tricky figuring out how to get there. Eventually we asked at the bus information depot, and got clear directions. We took the 42 bus north to Wakehurst Rd. It took some time getting there, but the driver was very nice and helpful. Getting back was much simpler.