Braine L'Alleud, Belgium
Parc du Bourdon Share
Uploaded By: ElementZ Hole #9 (Taken 7/2012)
3 / 256ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Fun track

1    4/18/2012   8/4/2012
Review By: Jandro
Pros: Some very interesting holes
Some length and good variety of shots required
Good mix of park style and wooded holes
Cons: Tough to figure layout out sometimes, tee boxes seem to have disappeared or been moved around?
Some rather odd and not very exciting holes by the road
Other Thoughts: Well worth a play if you find yourself in the area. Probably the best all around course in Belgium

Fantastic Course!

2-4    7/7/2012   7/7/2012
Review By: ElementZ
This review was updated on 6/7/2013
Pros: I must say, I was completely blown away by this course. This is the first time in my year-long European travels that an 18-hole permanent course with two sets of tees was this well taken care of.

This course has every type of shot you can imagine. It has huge bomber holes (600+ ft), island holes, several over water holes, several tightly wooded shots, dog legs, technical curves, etc... The designer did an absolutely amazing job of utilizing this land. Two thumbs up on design!

Fantastic course equipment. Every hole has two astro-turf tees, one for experts (yellow) and one for beginners (blue), DisCatcher baskets, and signs that say distance, par, and hole #.

My brother and I played two rounds in three hours on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and didn't run into a single disc golfer. It's a shame that no one knows about this sport because this course is tremendous.

I did a little research on this course when I got home, and I found that it's been the home of the Belgian Open the last few years, and if you manage to play the course par here, you have a very, very good chance of winning the tournament. Very challenging, but fair and enjoyable.
Cons: No big elevation changes, no tee signs with maps, the rough is pretty thick (I lost a disc on #5), and the course was slightly muddy.

Nothing major though. :)
Other Thoughts: I wasn't expecting a course of this caliber at all. It completely blew away my expectations and makes me regret I couldn't play the other ones in this area.

My brother and I wanted to do some more sightseeing in Brussels, but we ended up just playing this course again. It was totally worth it!

I highly recommend this course to everyone! Pros will definitely be challenged by pro tees and beginning players will find the blue tees very enjoyable. There's something here for everyone!

Edit: Course Page is up-do-date. Bringing a map along with you isn't a bad idea!