Long Beach, CA
Uploaded By: nexanimal Hole #17

Oldie But Goodie

1    3/30/2015   3/31/2015
Review By: TommyGun'n
Pros: -large tee pads
-good basket quality with multiple pin positions
-large mature trees
-clean, nice & modern bathrooms a short walk from hole one
-two practice baskets
-nice signs with distances and rough maps of each hole
-ample parking, park is easy to find
-board that includes local events
-good use of out of bounds
-course is located in a multi use park wrapping around a tennis facility. Pro shop has disc golf supplies, however no maps when I visited.
Cons: -creativity. holes are lacking creative punch. No signature hole here. very few holes over 400 feet, most are sub 350 feet and straight off the tee.
-cramped design. To fit 18 holes into the land here, the designers had to scrunch fairways together, none cross, but they come very close. At times, you'll be walking back up the previous fairway to get to the next hole. Mando's are used often to combat this.
-little to no elevation change, however designers use what is available
-only one or two trash cans, only one bench that I saw
-no number plates on the baskets. baskets are mixed, some Mach 2's some old Discatchers some new Dicatchers.
-as a result of missing number plates, it was tough to navigate for a first timer. Sometimes the closest tee is not your next tee. Sometimes the closest basket is not the basket for your hole. I did see a few directional arrows that we're helpful.
Other Thoughts: Despite the con's above, I would def play here again. I understand the nuances with updating an older course, sometimes it is very difficult to make improvements to an older design.

I would not travel far to play here however, but if your in the area it's worth checking out. Bring the family, the park and California sunshine are wonderful.

Great course for first timers.

Expect to hit a lot of trees

2-4    12/12/2010   12/13/2013
Cons: - Tons of trees
- Ok area
- Not my Style of play
- Again too many trees
Other Thoughts: Every time I play this course I get pretty frustrated, expect to bang up your discs at least 1 time per hole. It's not one of my favorite courses but it's a good course just not open like I like to play. If your a technical player or enjoy woods and tight spaces or want a challenge this is the course for you. When you play you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Even tho it's not my preferred spot you have to play it at least 3 or 4 times. Once you master a hole it's actually kinda fun but till then expect frustration.