4 Helpful / 0 Not
Lots of potential....
Pros: - Locale: course situated in a large park with large, mature trees for good obstacles, and good elevation change.
- Surprisingly, many of the holes we "guessed at" were more thought-out than I was expecting. There was some elevation change with several of them, going up and down narrow paths, around bends, etc.
Cons: - only 2 real baskets (the rest of the "objects" are trees with white or red painted rings around them, at the same height that chains would normally be)
- No signage, navigation impossible without a guide. We tried it - definitely not happening. You can sort of guess at it by looking for a marked tree after you play a hole, but good luck. Also, the two actual baskets are hole #'s 1 and 3 (at least that's what they said on them)
- no teepads
- lots of people in the park with many paths. Have to be very careful when throwing
Other Thoughts: - The course certainly has character as being a "throwback" course if you will. I will admit it was fun to shoot for trees with spraypaint on them, playing the game in the spirit that it originated in.
- That being said, it would definitely be a better course with real baskets and teepads, and I think, in that regard, this course has a lot of potential, because the natural requirements are there for a good course. I would definitely have given a much better rating if it just had baskets and tees.
- Also, keep in mind that I didn't have a guide when I played, and so I'm sure I would have appreciated it a little bit more with a guide.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 3 Not
Great park setting
Pros: Great course is a great park. Grass is cut layout is mid- long. Allot of great people to play with. Tournament is OB free something the staff stands by
Cons: Baskets only set up for the Berlin Open.
Other Thoughts: The Berlin open has been going on for 21 years and the layout from what I hear has only be changed due to tree falling and the park putting new ones in you have to love a course this old.
3 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.