Berlin-Wedding, Germany
Uploaded By: erickmj Hole #12
-- / 801ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1    5/25/2014   5/29/2014
Review By: nippythefish
Pros: - This park has trees.

This marks the end of my pros section.
Cons: - Two baskets, both of which are decrepit, warped junk.
- People EVERYWHERE
- Grass unmaintained
- Miss the basket? Enjoy digging for your disc in piles upon piles of stinging nettle.
- No signage, no teepads, no local players.
Other Thoughts: This park would make for a decent DGC were someone to decide to build one. I fail to see how it maintains the justification for a 3.00 rating (one 4.0 from 2008 and one 2.0 from 2012) in its current state. The locals seemed to be confused as to what I was doing out there, giving me the impression that no one even plays disc golf there anymore. I came here in the hopes that the course would have been improved upon from 2012's review (considering disc golf's increase in popularity over the past few years), but it appears this park has been lost to time and neglect. I assume Berlin locals visit other courses in the area, such as Hyzernaut's DGC. I'll give that one a try next time I'm in the area.

Lots of potential....

1    2/16/2012   2/17/2012
Review By: commandoando
Pros: - Locale: course situated in a large park with large, mature trees for good obstacles, and good elevation change.

- Surprisingly, many of the holes we "guessed at" were more thought-out than I was expecting. There was some elevation change with several of them, going up and down narrow paths, around bends, etc.
Cons: - only 2 real baskets (the rest of the "objects" are trees with white or red painted rings around them, at the same height that chains would normally be)

- No signage, navigation impossible without a guide. We tried it - definitely not happening. You can sort of guess at it by looking for a marked tree after you play a hole, but good luck. Also, the two actual baskets are hole #'s 1 and 3 (at least that's what they said on them)

- no teepads

- lots of people in the park with many paths. Have to be very careful when throwing

Other Thoughts: - The course certainly has character as being a "throwback" course if you will. I will admit it was fun to shoot for trees with spraypaint on them, playing the game in the spirit that it originated in.

- That being said, it would definitely be a better course with real baskets and teepads, and I think, in that regard, this course has a lot of potential, because the natural requirements are there for a good course. I would definitely have given a much better rating if it just had baskets and tees.

- Also, keep in mind that I didn't have a guide when I played, and so I'm sure I would have appreciated it a little bit more with a guide.

Great park setting

2-4    7/21/2008   8/30/2008
Review By: Thunder3434
Pros: Great course is a great park. Grass is cut layout is mid- long. Allot of great people to play with. Tournament is OB free something the staff stands by
Cons: Baskets only set up for the Berlin Open.
Other Thoughts: The Berlin open has been going on for 21 years and the layout from what I hear has only be changed due to tree falling and the park putting new ones in you have to love a course this old.