Mainz, Germany

Ouch.

1    10/2/2011   10/2/2011
Review By: ElementZ
This review was updated on 10/5/2011
Pros: - I am proud to say that this course officially has the title of "worst course I have ever played".
- There's a nice big sign that has a map and rules of the course at the beginning.
Cons: This course is disrespectful to the sport of disc golf. When I tried to play here today, it was overcrowded to the point that all but 2 of the baskets were unplayable. There were people picnic-ing right by #2 and they used the basket as a holder for their trash bags.

Baskets 5 and 6 were in a fenced off construction zone and basket 6 was literally ripped out of the ground and laying there.

The baskets were in terrible condition and very brown and rusty. The tee signs were very vandalized and difficult to read.

It really felt like someone came out here, built this course as fast as possible and said "Good luck, bitches!" and left. There's absolutely no noticeable disc golf community that takes care of this course. It's such a shame too, because it's only 15 or so minutes away from the Rüsselsheim course, which literally had 15 or so groups playing at the time I was there and is noticeably taken care of.
Other Thoughts: I was a little sad when I came here. I don't think that a disc golf course should have been installed here. The park is way too used and there's no community to maintain it. I'll try to get some pictures up later to show you what I mean.

I'd also like to note that if the course looked like what is in the pictures in the media section, I would have no problem giving it a 2.0, but the reality is those pictures are pretty old and the course has gone downhill since then...

Don't come out here...just go straight to Rüsselsheim unless you're like me who plays the course knowing that it's going to be a complete let down. ;)

Mainzer Volkspark

2-4    10/17/2008   6/17/2009
Review By: nmoliva
Pros: There are a few baskets (6 total) to throw at. Its better than nothing...
Cons: There are only 6 baskets, they are all easy, only some are in the tree line, the baskets are broken. You can play only in the fall or during the week when no one is BBQing
Other Thoughts: They need someone to redesign this course