Weilheim i.OB, Germany

Weilheim i. OB

2-4    7/21/2009   7/21/2009
Review By: ElementZ
This review was updated on 1/25/2012
Pros: -Breath-taking views of the Alps and the city.
-It covers a lot of terrain.
-From downhill shots to STEEP uphill shots and from open prairie to forest, this course has quite a variety of terrain.
-It's free, which is always a plus.
-There are free score cards behind the big sign of the park.
-Very, very empty. I played the course twice in a row and I didn't see anyone else.
Cons: -I got lost quite a bit...I didn't even notice that I missed holes until I played the second time through.
-I played in the summer so the grass was very tall and annoying.
-With the grass come a lot of pesky bugs that buzz around all over the place.
-With the bugs come ticks and ticks suck. Be sure to wear a lot of tick repellant and high socks and long pants! It can get very hot in the summer, but you'll need it.
-Not the most creative holes I've ever played...
-After you finish the course, you have to walk quite a while back from hole 18 to the parking lot.
-I lost my first disc here, which is very easy to do in the high grass and bushes....
Other Thoughts: I only went here because the first reviewer makes this out to be an incredible course. I was a little disappointed that I drove 2 hours to get there because I was in Germany for vacation. It's a very typical course (by American standards) and I would definitely not call it the "most beautiful" or "best course in Germany".