Grebenstein, Germany
Hole #15

Very hilly, very woody!

1    2/25/2012   2/26/2012
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: This is the kind of quality course I like to play and see in Germany. Very hilly, very wooded, very challenging, but fair. This course is definitely aimed at higher-level players. The elevation change, the amount of trees, and the distance make this a very tough and memorable course. Expect to walk quite a bit and definitely bring your entire bag, you'll need it.

This is what a disc golf course needs to look like. I wish that this course would be expanded to make this an 18-hole, challenging and energy draining course. Definitely the best course in the area, this land is picturesque for disc golf.
Cons: The numbering and flow is pretty tough to follow. On the sign at the beginning of the course, it gave a course map but also stated the numbering is undergoing a change.

Since this place is also a horse "course" (I don't really know what to call it), there's a lot of horse sh*t laying around, especially with the holes outside the woods.
Other Thoughts: Out of the four courses I played today (Calden, Silbersee, Bad Nauheim, and this one), this one definitely takes the cake. If you're in the area and have the opportunity (and time) to play this course, go for it, but be warned these are an energy draining 12 holes.

**Important Notes**

This course has undergone a lot of changes since the last reviewer. It's only 12 holes now and they're much tougher.

Short Varied Course - Open and Wooded

2-4    4/25/2010   4/27/2010
Review By: souljacker
Pros: Fun and Short - Most holes range from around 200ft (67m) to 275ft (92m) +/- . Makes for many Ace Runs and an ego (birdie) boosting course. The tees and baskets are in good shape, the Fairways and Terrain make for a fun play. Some of the shots are blind, which I kind of like considering they are pretty short drives.
Cons: Over half the course is up and down walking through wooded hilly areas (only a con after a couple of games when it really wears on you). There is some sort of horse training field that overlaps onto part of the field (or vice-versa) and they really take it over when they are out. I am not sure if they hate disc golfers or were just using the big wood tee markers for training obstacles, but they kept pulling them out. Even when I replaced them all back into their holes on my first game, they had taken them out by the time I made it around to the holes again. Either way its very rude and they act like they are superior and own the place. Fortunately they are only on part of the course part of the time...but when they were there I had no choice but to wait on them when I am not sure they were even doing anything but walking in front of me for the sake of walking in front of me a couple of times (other times they were obviously training, but it allowed me to search for a missing disc at least.....)
Other Thoughts: The directions there are not so clear on the webpage: Leaving the Train Station, go out to the left and stay left as you curve ALL THE WAY BACK AROUND and end up on the road behind the Station after going under the bridge!! (that was confusing at first) Then its pretty straight down the road a couple kilometers to the park (through a small residential area). Good signage once you make it under the bridge it points you right, then down past the residential area you come to some kind of potato restaurant and curve right (again there are good signs from there...)

Can be rough to find a few of holes even when the Tee Markers (which are huge) are in. I suggest printing the Course Plan from the .pdf here! There is a board with the course plan just past the first teepad, but I found having a printed copy on me helped immensely my first time through!