Tinicum is the Bomb
2 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: - This place has a 19th Hole for putting
- There is A B and C pin placements
- The signage was pretty good
- The 18th hole was a BEAST
- It was almost like a mini clubhouse between the 9 and 10th hole. There was a parking lot, bathroom, and another practice basket.
- This course is half open, like 5, it's short but uphill and completely open and 18 is open but partly downhill
- You just want to let your discs fly because this course is so great.
- Good dirt tee boxes
- The baskets were terrific
- There was even a marked "fairway" on some holes
- NO garbage on the course
- NO runners that you can hit
Cons: - The woods had SO many trees
- I wasn't sure what pin placement it was
- Some holes had long walks to the next one, and it took me 5 minutes to find the tee sometimes
- Some tee boxes were worn away
Other Thoughts: Not many other thoughts. This course was awesome!!!
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 4 Not
Great Course, Beautiful Opens
Pros: Well manicured fairways make the open holes much more aesthetically pleasing.
Park cleanliness in general is spectacular.
Tree obstacles are typically just trunks and not branches.
Cons: No major elevation changes. (Most times I really want to throw a disc off a cliff)
Tee boxes were mostly puddles when i was last there.
3 of 7 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 5 Not
My Favorite Course
Pros: Very flat there is little elevation change. Multiple pin positions. Water Pump next to hole #4. Great course for players who are beginner-pro. Picnic Area and Bathrooms.
Cons: More tournements. Canal behind hole 9 and 13 but should not be a problem unless you have a horrible shot.
Other Thoughts: Play the local or "hillbilly" hole for hole 5 unless you want to walk all the way down the hill.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: 18 hole course with baskets in very good shape. Course mixes a nice number of open holes with wooden holes and a few very tight fairways. A few different pin layouts are available, with the shorter ones being birdie runs and the longer layouts will challenge your ability to both long drive and long approach. Canal behind a few of the holes does offer an additional challenge in not overthowing a shot. Well maintained. Very little in the way of elevation, but whatever is there is utilized well.
Cons: There was a little bit of cleanup work being done on 7, 8, and 13. Most of this was done by Sandy, I presume, and is not the reason I changed my score. If you can't bomb it, this will be a tough course for you to score very well on. 7 and 13 are truly tight and may be close to "pinballesque".
Other Thoughts: Can't complain. The BCDGA does a great job and locals maintain it well. Hopefully the cleanup from Sandy goes fast and well. This is easily still very playable despite all the damage she did.
6 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.