Miami (Kendall), FL
Kendall Indian Hammocks Park - East Share
Uploaded By: mymusicveins Hole #5 (Taken 5/2014)
Hole #5 Tee: Around the bend to the right and down some

1    2/12/2014   3/2/2014
Review By: ldtrainman
Pros: * Fun course to play. In my 3 yrs. of playing, I only found one course that wasn't fun and that was because navigation non-existent.
* Nice setting.
* Well maintained fairways.
* Concrete T-pads.
Cons: * As a first time player of this course I found navigation below par. I never did find one of the holes. I think it was #13, but I'm not sure.
* The T-pad signs were nice but it was often difficult to know which of the multiple basket locations was the one in use. It would be nice if, when the basket locations are moved, a tag was place on the T-pad sign showing which location was in use.
* I have never before seen a course where the navigation to the next T-pad is on the previous T-pad. I'm used to it being somewhere near and in view from the basket. I found myself forgetting to look for that info while at the T-pad. If I did look, I often found that I had forgetting what it said by the time I finished playing the hole.
* Lacks elevation change. One can not fault the course designer for this. After all this is south Florida. The nearest thing to a hill is 100 miles away.
* Although the course was fun, it was kind of boring. Fairways were either open fields or had a few trees. Not many holes required any thought as to how to approach the basket.
Other Thoughts: I've played courses is many parts of the country but haven't reviewed most of them. Many courses, because of their location, are going to score higher only because the topography, geology, and flora make them more interesting and varied. This is a fairly well done course for the area. I'd play it again if I'm in the area. I would recommended that the people who maintain the course do so more signage. It is my feeling that a good course should be idiot proof to navigate for someone who has never been there before.

Supposedly there is a Kendall Indian Hammocks Park - Wast but I never found it.

very nice

1    1/3/2009   1/3/2009
Review By: rubioatl
Pros: scenic
fun
Big open fields
lots of space
very well maintained
Cons: a little trick on 2 of them
theirs a fence you have to watch out for
tenth hole is a bitch
Other Thoughts: I mean i had a great game i got like birdy and par on every hole. it was nice to play on a very flat surface .