1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: good mix of open and wooded shots
Good mix of short and long distance
Good Club action
Pin positions changed regularly
Locals are helpful
optional flightpaths for most baskets
the map is easy to follow
There is a nice buildup for the big arm shots.
Bathrooms, although not near the course
Cons: Tee pads in bad shape, #2 is fading spray paint on the sidewalk; durable paint would be acceptable.
Signs are hilariously bad
Thousands of giant Banana Spiders in the Summer.
Loosing discs in the heavy undergrowth
Throwing over active roads
Other Thoughts: This is the main park in South Miami that people play. It may not be the greatest, but it is challenging in certain pin positions and 18 is always a threat. There is an active club here, I see they bought a new practice basket, I think they could use new signs and fix the pavers on the tee pads that use them. It is a little far for me to join the club. There is also another course in the same park available to play which is cool. I prefer this one, but I wish just small upgrades are made..the baskets are fine though.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: * Fun course to play. In my 3 yrs. of playing, I only found one course that wasn't fun and that was because navigation non-existent.
* Nice setting.
* Well maintained fairways.
* Concrete T-pads.
Cons: * As a first time player of this course I found navigation below par. I never did find one of the holes. I think it was #13, but I'm not sure.
* The T-pad signs were nice but it was often difficult to know which of the multiple basket locations was the one in use. It would be nice if, when the basket locations are moved, a tag was place on the T-pad sign showing which location was in use.
* I have never before seen a course where the navigation to the next T-pad is on the previous T-pad. I'm used to it being somewhere near and in view from the basket. I found myself forgetting to look for that info while at the T-pad. If I did look, I often found that I had forgetting what it said by the time I finished playing the hole.
* Lacks elevation change. One can not fault the course designer for this. After all this is south Florida. The nearest thing to a hill is 100 miles away.
* Although the course was fun, it was kind of boring. Fairways were either open fields or had a few trees. Not many holes required any thought as to how to approach the basket.
Other Thoughts: I've played courses is many parts of the country but haven't reviewed most of them. Many courses, because of their location, are going to score higher only because the topography, geology, and flora make them more interesting and varied. This is a fairly well done course for the area. I'd play it again if I'm in the area. I would recommended that the people who maintain the course do so more signage. It is my feeling that a good course should be idiot proof to navigate for someone who has never been there before.
Supposedly there is a Kendall Indian Hammocks Park - Wast but I never found it.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Big open fields
lots of space
very well maintained
Cons: a little trick on 2 of them
theirs a fence you have to watch out for
tenth hole is a bitch
Other Thoughts: I mean i had a great game i got like birdy and par on every hole. it was nice to play on a very flat surface .
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.