Hilly and Short
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Baskets
- Park map available in English
- Tee signs with distance marked
- Course just off the main walking route, but angled away from possibly hitting anyone
- No overlapping holes
- Easy to follow from hole to hole
- Decent usage of landscape elevation
- Fairway ground trimmed.
- Bathrooms at start of course
- Drink vending machine at entry
- practice basket
- Benches at start
Cons: - located within pay entry park
- Pay parking
- Not located along a mass transit railway like other dg parks in Tokyo.
- 9 holes, not always a con, but if they've unimaginative and I have to pay for parking and entry then it's defiantly a con.
- Short course. the longest hole = 73 meters.
- not a great mix of pin positions
- not a lot of flight path options
- Downhill holes all had the same pin placement
- "natural" tee pads
- uneven tee pads filled with roots sticking up from the ground, and short run-ups
- signs are sometimes too close to teepads
- I wasn't forced to use more than 3 discs and probably could have used 1.
Other Thoughts: Much like most of the courses I've played in Japan, this is a case of either squandered or unrealized potential. For one reason or another the designer/landscaper didn't do the little things right and that adds up. 480 ¥ for park entry + 620¥ for parking + short semi landscaped 9 holes a 20 minute walk away from the closest parking lot = lackluster results. Seriously though, park at the Central Park entrance.
The course itself is on hilly landscape : 2 flat, 1 side traversing, 3 down hill, and 3 uphill fairways. Bring shoes that you feel comfy getting dirty and will be able to hike up and down hills in. I recommend only bringing the a few discs and keep the bag weight down as well. There are lots of fun ace runs, however the brush off the fairways is thick and unforgiving if you miss those downhill attempts.
It really isn't that far away from moving up to a better rating. I suggest for them to make more throwable teepads, add alternate tees, and trim some branches for alternate flight path possibilities. It was a fun course, but I don't see myself going back unless they develop it more.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.