Millington/Memphis, TN
Meeman-Shelby State Park - East Share

Great course!

5+    3/13/2011   3/19/2011
Review By: carrioke
Pros: Many holes reachable for newer players, but still technical enough for seasoned players. Benches and garbage cans @ virtually every hole. Concrete tee pads on 14 holes. Signs on every hole.
Cons: Hard to navigate if you are new to the course, easy to lose a disc, dangerous if it is wet.
Other Thoughts: This is a beautifully upkept course! It is one of my favorite courses. There are only a couple wide open shots, but even the shots in the woods are easy enough to get a good drive. This course will make a disc golfer out of you with it's technical shots and elevation changes.

woods woods woods

2-4    9/5/2010   9/13/2010
Review By: dirty8224
Pros: I like these courses a lot!! They are tight and wooded. Plenty of birdie opportunities if you can keep your disc from hitting the trees. Didn't notice very many ants or poison ivy or anything like that. Good signage.
Cons: Accuracy is a must.
Carpet tee pads are lame.
Some holes you're basically getting thrown at from other holes. While playing the 2010 SNAC there I almost got smacked in the face with a guys drive and I was just sitting on the bench of our hole waiting to drive.

Fantastic Course

1    7/10/2010   7/11/2010
Review By: anthonygobot
Pros: I highly recommend this course for beginners to even advanced. I love the fact you can play 18 and just walk across the ways to another 18 hole course (East and West). Give this course a shot and you will not be disappointed.
Cons: The holes need better signs with more directions to find the next hole. This isnt a MAJOR draw back at all just something to work on.
Other Thoughts: We drove 3hrs to play the local courses and I was impressed and cant wait to go back. Thanks for the great course guys.

My original home course

6/11/2007   2/11/2008
Review By: matt30556
Pros: 36 holes in one area, that alone makes it worth the stop. There are tight controlled shots through the woods and some big open holes where you can grip it and rip it. There are righty holes, lefty holes and some straight on holes, all beautifully laid out and well designed. Very nice benches, signs, tees, with a pavilion on the west side and some other great amenities close by, including camping. A must play for anybody in the area and if you are lucky enough to hook up with a local you might even get invited to play Bud Hill, the BEST private course in all of America as far as I am concerned.
Cons: Bring the bug juice, the mosquitoes will eat you alive in the summer time and some of them thrive on the basic bug sprays as I think they are immune to it.
Other Thoughts: I can't believe nobody else has taken the time to review these courses. When I lived in Memphis, 8+ years ago there were only 18 holes, 9 on the east side and 9 on the west side and now there are 18 holes on each side, WOW what an accomplishment!! If I still lived in Memphis I would be a very active member in the continued development and grooming of these courses and although I don't, I am still proud to call this one of my original home courses.