2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Course is set pretty close to the Fox River, and has two separate sections. For the most part, there are clear fairways with a few trees here and there to avoid. Some water in play as well.
- A few holes have trees to help protect the basket, and some well placed obstacles that take away the usual RHBH hyzer route. Hole #5 uses tall grass all through the fairway to punish short shots, and has a nasty alternate route for those who don't want to go over the schule.
- Water comes into play on two holes, in different ways. #2 has a small island green (with an OB fence) right over a small creek. The water and fence really make this a very tough basket to reach off the tee. #7 has a huge water hazard on the right, with a right-curving fairway.
- Decent length to the course; the scorecards at the front are way off on some holes. Probably 3 or 4 are over 300'. A couple ace runs thrown in too, with trees and rough to snag overthrown discs.
- Good baskets, grass tees are easy to find with a scorecard. No signage of any other sort, but good signage to get between #5 and #6.
Cons: - The walk from #5 to #6 is a bit much, but there was really no other choice. Still, it hurts. Worth playing #1-#5 twice and #6-#10 twice to only walk it once.
- Park is used for a ton of other things, like fishing and biking. Not really an issue on the course itself, but a lot of activity overall.
- Most holes are wide open, with a tree here or there to mix it up. No real rough to speak of, and only one hole has pine trees that pose a big issue. Throwing it straight is all that's needed in almost every situation.
Other Thoughts: - This is a very strange course. You start off in a small field that manages to pack in 5 decent holes, then walk and walk to get to 4 tacked-on holes right by a police station. The spots with water are both very good; you can hear a small brook babbling and a long dam's mini-waterfall at two different spots. A pretty good variety of holes, but not a good variety of shots needed.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.