Lebanon, OH
Turtlecreek Share

Fantastic mix of open and wooded!

1    8/15/2012   8/15/2012
Review By: TAKRep
Pros: - Great mix of open and wooded holes. The open holes are all a ton of fun, and despite that they are all basically in a flat open field, they each managed to be unique. The small trees and shallow hills on the open holes provided just enough in the way of obstacles to make things really fun. The wooded holes were also great. All of the fairways were tight, but still very fair.
- The park itself was quite nice (though seemed to be 90% DG course).
- Despite that I played on a day with amazing weather, the park was not crowded (there were only two other people there while I was).
Cons: - Open holes might feel repetitive for some people (but did not for me).
- Some might argue that the pars are not really accurate. Ex: Hole 18 is 600 ft and a par 6. This is probably a little high. Par 4, maybe 5 would be more appropriate.
Other Thoughts: I know many people will think that 4.5 is way too high of a rating for this course, but I've played at many many different courses, and rarely found one that I enjoyed as much as this. This score is really based on the enjoyment factor that I had here. (Also, I must admit that my view of the course may be slightly inflated by the fact that many holes that could have been par 3 were par 4s and thus my score was much better than I am used to.)