Göteborg, Västergötland, Sweden
Slottsskogen Share
Uploaded By: Noill Golf Hole #4 (Taken 4/2011)

An excellent challenge

1    6/19/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: heywillard90
Pros: -Excellent wooded terrain with steep rocky hills. Lots of elevation change
-Good distance on the longer tees
-Shots require a lot of skill and accuracy.
-Easily navigable with signs to guide you from hole to hole
-Course is very well kept
-Slottsskogen is an execellent place to be whether you are playing disc golf or not
Cons: -Not too much shot variety. The large majority of shots are through wooded tunnels. This was my main issue with the course and the reason it did not get a higher rating
-Pay to play
Other Thoughts: I was backpacking through europe without my discs. When I saw that Göteborg had a course I bought a single disc near the central train station and just had to try the course out. I had an excellent time and would have loved to play the course more. I would improve the course by adding holes with larger and longer fairways, if space permits.

Frisbeegolf in Göteborg...awesome!

1    4/30/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: Noill Golf
Pros: With the small amount of land given to the designers of this park they really used the land quite well. Some really memorable wooded holes that play the elevation changes quite well. Rocky terrain, slopes and trees all maximized to really tease out the potential of this area. Holes 5 and 6 boast the most memorable wooded, rocky and elevation shifts featured at this course. They played inside of a valley area with trees and rocks and lots of elevation shifts.
Just about all of the holes have a square paver in the ground near the basket with a painted arrow on them showing the way to the next hole...very useful.
To make up for some of the easier holes, well thought out OB's were created by using stakes that either encircle the basket or form an 8 shape around them. Holes 13 and 18 are great examples of this use of OB.
Even though the course had many people on it, I ran the course seemlessly and never got backed up or caused a group behind me to back up.
Teepads were plywood covered in artificial turf. The nice thing about this was that the plywood gave me a bit of spring in my step.
Cons: I can't think of any flaws really...perhaps, the teepads being a little short was a flaw. I did have a hard time doing a faster x-step which for me requires a larger step. This was a minor issue however as I didn't often need to do this. Some of the baskets were leaning or bent a bit... the course designer did tell me that they would be doing some maintenance soon so this may be resolved shortly.
Other Thoughts: Overall, not a bomber course. This course would definitely be considered a technical course. I really had a blast at this course and came away with a big smile on my face. What more can you ask from DG? The locals were excellent people. Normally this is a pay course and as I was visiting and only had the one day to play, they let me play for free as an international courtesy!