Göteborg, Västergötland, Sweden
Slottsskogen Share
Uploaded By: Noill Golf Hole #18 (Taken 4/2011)
3 / 262ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Pretty place, technical holes

1    4/14/2013   1/29/2014
Review By: SamuliKL
Pros: The course is well maintained, and the surrounding is pretty. The makers of the course haven't had a lot space but they have used it well. Tees and baskets are of high quality.

For the most part there aren't any dangerous crossings but I suspect it will get crowded on a beautiful summer day.

I was even lucky to see a small group deer and if you enjoy captive animals you can also get a free look at some seals.

People who prefer narrower, more technical fairways will certainly love Slottskorgen but even for the rest of there is lot to enjoy. My personal favourites were holes numbers 2 and 5 which combine some length with a reasonable amount of tightness, and the two longest ones, 17 and 18.
Cons: The holes of Slottskorgen are short. Of the 18 holes only two exceed 90 metres/300 feet. This course was definitely my choice on my visit to Gothenburg but I still wish I had had more use for my distance drivers.
Other Thoughts: The course is pay-for-play. Nothing wrong with that but you should know this before going there. However, with my broken Swedish and a shining new Prodiscus bag I got to play free. I was probably mistaken for a foreign star player :) One of the rounds I played with a local guy. Nice people in Gothenburg!

Frisbeegolf in Göteborg...awesome!

1    4/30/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: Noill Golf
Pros: With the small amount of land given to the designers of this park they really used the land quite well. Some really memorable wooded holes that play the elevation changes quite well. Rocky terrain, slopes and trees all maximized to really tease out the potential of this area. Holes 5 and 6 boast the most memorable wooded, rocky and elevation shifts featured at this course. They played inside of a valley area with trees and rocks and lots of elevation shifts.
Just about all of the holes have a square paver in the ground near the basket with a painted arrow on them showing the way to the next hole...very useful.
To make up for some of the easier holes, well thought out OB's were created by using stakes that either encircle the basket or form an 8 shape around them. Holes 13 and 18 are great examples of this use of OB.
Even though the course had many people on it, I ran the course seemlessly and never got backed up or caused a group behind me to back up.
Teepads were plywood covered in artificial turf. The nice thing about this was that the plywood gave me a bit of spring in my step.
Cons: I can't think of any flaws really...perhaps, the teepads being a little short was a flaw. I did have a hard time doing a faster x-step which for me requires a larger step. This was a minor issue however as I didn't often need to do this. Some of the baskets were leaning or bent a bit... the course designer did tell me that they would be doing some maintenance soon so this may be resolved shortly.
Other Thoughts: Overall, not a bomber course. This course would definitely be considered a technical course. I really had a blast at this course and came away with a big smile on my face. What more can you ask from DG? The locals were excellent people. Normally this is a pay course and as I was visiting and only had the one day to play, they let me play for free as an international courtesy!