8 Helpful / 0 Not
Plastic v. Park Patrons
- 12 long, blind, wooded, right-to-left, downhill to basket near creek bed
- 13 still in woods, across ravine
- 14 out of woods, 200'+ blind, left-turning uphill throw
- 15 back in woods, fair throwing lane, right turn at end
- 16 short, steep, downhill, basket near same creek bed as 13
- 17+18 in woods, slightly twisting, following creek bed, turn right at end
Single-position, hard-to-see baskets, #18 was missing. No distance signs nor hole diagram at teepad. Single, natural, many root-filled teepads.
Small tree stumps - the type your break your toe on if you're not watching your steps.
Throwing near others:
- #1's flight path is down the length of the entry road
- #5-#8 are in the middle of picnic tables and grilles
- #9-#10 cut across walking paths
- plenty of kids like playing in the creek bed of 13, 16-18, sometimes using the baskets to hold their backpacks :-)
- #11 is quite some distance from #10. Follow a path thru the woods behind/right of basket, until you reach a paved path. Turn left and follow path until you get to row of trees near parking lot and building on right.
- After finishing #18, you have a steep uphill (steps) walk, then a longish walk across the field to the parking lot.
This course primarily plays in the wooded area surrounding a multi-purpose park. Holes 1-10 are flat, with numbers 3-8 playing in the woods. Holes 11-18 are mostly in the woods, and most have some elevation changes and/or require more-shapely shots than the initial ten.
With the aid of the online map, I was able to navigate this course fairly easily my first visit - would have no chance without it. Because of no signs at teepads, I often had to go scout the location of the basket, since many shots were blind.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
10 Helpful / 0 Not
A few beautiful holes on the back 9
Pros: -The approach to hole 12 and the green are gorgeous down by the creek.
-Hole 16 is one of the most beautiful I've played in VA (played ~3/4 of the courses in the state.)
-Holes 17 & 18 have very pretty and unique fairways along a creek bed in the bottom of a ravine.
Cons: If you park in the lot nearest to hole 1 you have a beast of a long walk back from basket 18.
Other Thoughts: Holes 12, 13, 16-18 alone make the course worth playing. They also considerably boosted my overall rating.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.