Chester, VA
Goyne Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: vcuguy86 Hole #7 (Taken 8/2010)
Hole #7 Tee: Basket is located past the trees on the left.

One of my got to courses

5+    11/27/2012   11/27/2012
Review By: blackmamba5490
Pros: Great location (close to me)
A good variety of holes
Some long and spacious holes as well as tight and narrow ones
Nice people, isolated area, well kept
signs that clearly distinguish where to go and what the distance to the baskets are
A challenge
Cons: No trash cans so can me litter filled (Clean up there constantly with my own trash bag)
Unforgiving lake, wilderness, and thorn bushes
Tee boxes have lost alot of sand and are very easy to turn an ankle in.
Other Thoughts: I have played this course about 100 times now and it continues to grow on me. I really enjoy the courses variety and the way the grass is always mowed. The tees are my only real issue with the place because so much sand has been removed due to its constant use and it leaves large holes in the tee area. This causes me to have to think about where i am stepping when i tee off which can be a distraction. I have talked to multiple people that play here and alll of them have this same issue. Also, the lake and thorns are unforgiving so don't mess up your throw or your disc will be gone for good (Lost about 15+ disc here). over all, i love the challenge it brings and my determination to go under par here brings me back daily as i am getting closer and closer :)

Scotty67

5+    3/7/2012   3/7/2012
Review By: scotty67
Pros: tee boxes have been filled in again this helps with footing. Some limbs have been trimmed back on 4,7,and 13.# 16 has been moved away from the water & up the hill.
Cons: love the course. a little wet today, and rough is coming back to life.
Other Thoughts: usually throw course once a week and i believe par is a very nice score. one of the guys i threw with lost 1 disc today so beware the rough!