Malmö, Sweden
Hole #6

Fun but very spread out

1    11/15/2015   11/16/2015
Review By: jmpavlec
Pros: * Strong back 9. Good variation of shots and enough difficulty to keep stronger amateurs entertained. With the exception of the massive gap between 14 and 15, it flowed fairly well.
* Good use of elevation, if there was a hill in the park, they used it!
* Course map was high quality
* Fairways were well groomed even in November
* Small cafe somewhat close to the first tee. Has a bathroom and you can get some snacks/drinks
* 18 finishes back near the start
Cons: * Holes are really spread out and there is almost no flow. Without the course map on my phone, it would have been very difficult to find my way.
* Tee signs are quite worn and hardly any were legible which only added to the difficultly in navigation
* Parking wasn't particularly close to first tee
* Holes 1-3 felt very amateurish in their design. The most interesting part is the hill and it's pretty wide open so nothing really interesting going on. I think you could redesign that part of the course and have #3 finish where the #1 basket is and it would flow to #4 much better.

Other Thoughts: This course shares a park with a lot of walkers. Very few holes feel isolated. You really felt like you were in a park first and a disc golf course second. I could definitely see park dwellers being in the way. I played in mid-November and I had to wait for bikers, runners and walkers quite a bit.

The front 9 of this course could definitely need a redesign. 1-3 felt very uninspired. #4 was a nice down hill shot with a tunnel at the end. Hole 5 felt like the tee pad should have been positioned in a different place. It was pretty much just throw it hard over the water and hope to get up near the rocks. #6 was probably the most difficult 'par 2' I have ever seen. There is almost no chance for an ace and to get a 2 you really need a good toss as there is a maze of trees to navigate. Personally, I disagree with anything being a par 2 unless it is less than 30m without too much in the way.

Holes 7-14 were the highlight for me. Some added difficulty with the trees and some extra distance to make it interesting. #13 and #14 I liked the most as it reminded me of the typical wooded courses I played when learning disc golf in the USA.

I think if I rated this course in comparison to the other courses I've played on a regular basis in the USA, I'd give it a 2. Given that disc golf is relatively unknown in Sweden and there aren't too many courses in that area, I think a 2.5 is accurate.

Nice and Challinging

1    8/28/2009   8/29/2009
Review By: sk8viking
Pros: The course have some very challinging holes, elevations, open holes and some in the woods, a good mix.
It´s in a public park and is well keept, easy to find your disc.
Cons: The tees are sand and gravel, not the best.
Other Thoughts: I found the course challinging and good fun.

very nice course

2-4    2/20/2009   5/20/2009
Review By: rehder
This review was updated on 9/21/2009
Pros: 18 hole course that has a mix of open and technical wooded holes. Many of the holes are nice challenges and players are tested on a lot of different shots.
There are decent teesigns on every hole. The gras on fairways is always well maintained, and there are only a few holes where you might have to look for a disc, because of underbrush. Close to the parking lot, there are toilets and a cafeteria, that sells beverages and snacks.
Cons: The course has gravel/sand tees, and while they seem to be very well maintained it is hard to avoid the fast deteriation that occurs with gravel/sand tees.
Most holes dont require a whole lot of strategizing.
Other Thoughts: For me to give a rating of 5 would mean, that not only is there a good mix of par 3,4 and par 5 holes, they also need to give good risk/reward for several shottypes. IE. holes where you really have to ponder what kind of shot you want. Overall it is a great course and if you arent playing your best, the course can punish you quite hard.