Charlotte, NC
Sugaw Creek Park Share

DONT PLAY AFTER DARK!!!!!

1    8/31/2009   3/31/2010
Review By: mhdisc03
Pros: nice ob with sidewalks. had 2 rush through wen i played for it was getting dark. but well thought out placments. half woods and field. not much room for error. like the course just not wat goes on there after dark.
Cons: HOMELESS PEOPLE AND DRUG ADDICTS COME OUT ABOUT DUSK. my frind showed me a bench near the road with dried up blood and stab marks on the bench.
Other Thoughts: TRAVEL 2 THIS COURSE IN LARGE GROUPS

Sugaw Creek Is A Sweet Course!

1    7/19/2009   7/23/2009
This review was updated on 5/25/2012
Pros: Sugaw Creek is another one of the Charlotte courses (Kilbourne, Hornet's Nest, Reedy Creek) that give the disc golfers here a wonderful variety of choices. And I really like Sugaw possibly because it just fits my level, rec to intermediate player. It's fairly short and level with a nice variety of tight, wooded holes to some across the field types. I see players throwing rollers on certain holes here. It has two elevated basket placements, the second is cleverly set in the middle of a small tree. Maybe my favorite thing about this course is many of the interesting teepad placements. I think many course designers focus in so much on the basket placement, they end up just pouring a teebox at any old spot. Here at Sugaw, the designer of the course obviously gave a lot of thought to the locations of the tee boxes.
Cons: I guess I was pretty oblivious to many of the other reviewers cons. I actually didn't notice the neighborhood was shady. I don't remember seeing any trash to speak of. The holes near the street don't bother me. Quite the opposite actually, I think it's great advertising to our sport when folks drive by and see us throwing discs in the park. I guess to me Sugaw is like that special girl you first meet. You're so taken in by her beautiful face that you didn't notice that her behind is the size of Deleware.
Other Thoughts: Even though the course pretty much abused me, this has been one of my favorite N.C. courses. Just a nice enjoyable throw in a lovely park. Challenging to me but not so overwhelming as to totally discourage me. Another Charlotte course that I'd like to package up and take home.

Sugaw Creek Park

1    12/8/2008   12/9/2008
Review By: adlacro
Pros: 18 holes with nice concrete tees. Good mix of mostly wooded holes with some open holes. Length not overpowering. Probably one of the first times I've teed with a tree just 5 feet above my head. Elevated baskets at 6 and 14 provided a unique putting challenge. Bakets were easy to see. Some minor elevation.
Cons: A few of the wooded holes were crapshoots (14 comes to mind), and I thought a few more arrows would have been helpful. I did print a map out.
Other Thoughts: The course, located just half a mile south of I-85, is just 10 minutes from downtown Charlotte. If I was in the area again, I'd certainly be back for another round.

Great course right off Interstate 85

12/25/2007   12/25/2007
Review By: mactavius
Pros: Great layout; easy to play a quick round of 18
Cons: Could use a bit more signage on a couple of holes
Other Thoughts: Absolutely loved the two artificially-heightened baskets