0 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Very very old pictures from this course.
The course is 100 times nicer today so don't look at these pictures. Search for Scandinavian Open 2010 on Youtube to find more up to date movies on the course.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
One word - unreal!
3 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: They don't get any better than this, easily the best course in Europe for maintenance, layout, variety of shots and just plain awesomeness. It's an absolute must play if you are headed into northern Sweden, the players and staff were all really friendly and welcoming to an outside player. I played the championship 9 hole course as well and it is incredibly tough and a true test of your full variety of shot making as a player. Bring your a game, you will need it on this 9 hole course. The main 18 is much shorter , but still a great test of accuracy and shape.
Cons: The only con is that I don't live in northern Sweden.
Other Thoughts: Do what you have to do to get there someday, it's as good a course as you will likely ever play. Pro shop, driving range, restaurant, amazingness.
3 of 7 people found this review helpful.
18 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Where to start? This disc golf facility has it all but let me try to summarize the basics.
- A nice club house with a pro shop with some snacks and accomodation on the second floor.
- The course is very well manicured and about as close to a ball golf course you can get in terms of maintenance.
- All holes are well designed and challenging.
- Top quality scorecards, baskets, and tee signs aswell as "next tee" signs.
- Each tee area has a bench and I think most also have a trash bin.
- Well defined fairways on all holes.
Cons: - The course could use some more elevation changes. If there's any disc golf club who could solve just that it's the hard working people in Skellefteå Discgolf :)
- There might be many mosquitos some times of the year
- The concrete tees are infact good, but could be a little longer!
Other Thoughts: I'm fortunate to live just under 2 hours from this magnificent course. It's unique in the sense how they've thoroughly worked every square foot of this course to make it into a world class course! The course is currently being expanded to 36 holes and will probably be an even greater joy to play once finished. This place is just well worth a visit if you like top quality disc golf!
18 of 18 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.