Folletts, IA
Folletts Park Share
Uploaded By: xsjunkie Hole #6 (Taken 7/2010)
4 / 455ft.   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:

good recreational course

1    10/15/2010   10/15/2010
Review By: discgirly
Pros: For amateurs who want to just get out and throw a frisbee or two this is a very nice little course. Cement tee pads are a treat. Others complain about pitch and putt but this is nt a professional course, us amateurs also need to get outside!!
Cons: No changes in elevation, gets monotonous.

pretty nice for it's kind

2-4    8/24/2009   10/15/2010
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: Seemed to be a underplayed course. I would say this is the most impressive thing about this course to me. Here is this little park in the middle of nowhere; that is almost entirely dedicated to disc golf.
Nice that you are told that those playing the front nine have the right of way. This helps greatly to alleviate "who goes now?" issues.
The park is very well maintained. Nicely mowed grass with trees here and there and some schule groves here and there and along the edges.
Concrete tees....pretty large even.
Nice baskets.
Restrooms on site; which seems somewhat odd for such a small park.
There are some obstacles to negotiate here. Not a ton; but enough to make it worth playing.
Cons: Course completely flat.
Largely open; and a deuce or die course. (I should add that there are actually some 300+ foot holes and so, it's not completely deuce or die)
A little tough to figure out how to play the full 18 hole layout. We had a map for our second visit and this helped. The signs are not bad; but can be slightly confusing the first time through.
Other Thoughts: Two of us played this originally, at dusk. We finished in near full darkness and not being able really to even read the signs; were quite stumped and guessing on some of the holes; as to how to play them. Thus, I lost one in the schule on what turned out to be a hole that we played incorrectly. Two days later; and a whole number of other courses played in the mean time; we returned; primarily to see if I could get my disc back. My hopes were not high; but, due to the fact that we had played an incorrect hole; no one else had evidently played near there and disc was located. This also gave us a chance to play the full 18 in a correct manner; and except for the openness and flatness of the course in general, combined with limited footage; we enjoyed the designer's using what they had to work with to the best of their abilities. Will I come back? Probably not; but this is a good example of making the dual tee situation work pretty well and creating different shots with both sets of tees. There is also a decent opportunity for some fun safari golf here. If this course is as underplayed as I think it is; there may be some quite good safari golf options, that could make this a quite enjoyable course. (though, there is no getting around the fact that it's completely flat). Interesting for it's type.....

Nice Little Course

1    9/11/2010   9/16/2010
Review By: Kung Fu Jon
Pros: -Gusty winds make the course much more challenging
- Cement tees always point directly at the pin
-Quiet course without any real hazards
-Great use of space, using 9 pins for 18 holes makes sense for this course
Cons: -Course signs would be very helpful
-Location is a bit of a drive from the Quad Cities
Other Thoughts: This may not be a course I'd drive to once a week, but I'll definitely make the trip again.

18 Out Of 9

1    7/16/2010   7/16/2010
Review By: xsjunkie
Pros: -Nice quiet park
-Well Maintained
-Concrete Tees
-Mach II Baskets?
-Public Restrooms Available
-Shelter House Available
Cons: -Signs need updating
-Course flow is confusing.
-This is a nine hole course, not enough room for 18. If it were to get busy it would be mayhem. Even though the back nine signs warn players that front 9 players have the right away.
Other Thoughts: This course was okay. Any course is better than no course. This one has enough real estate for 9 holes. Mature trees add some challenge, but it's pretty monotonous. I'll add another course to my resume, but it's nothing to write home about. Might play again if I'm in the area. In my opinion, it's not worth a road trip.

Folletts Park Review

2/26/2008   2/26/2008
Review By: Dahminator
Pros: This is a nice little course that is out in the middle of nowhere. It's a good place to work on your straight driving because it is literally one huge "area" with not many obstacles in the way.
Cons: Doesn't offer much variety at all. The fact that there are only 9 cages but still 18 holes makes it somewhat confusing.