Roselle, IL
Goose Lake Park Share
Uploaded By: flingkaching Hole #6 (Taken 10/2010)
4 / 360ft.   4 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Just OK

2-4    9/5/2009   9/22/2009
Review By: chiefcastor
This review was updated on 3/1/2010
Pros: A variety of different shots are needed to play the course. It makes good use of the park which it shares with a baseball diamond.

The course seems very well maintained. There are fairways that always seem to be mowed through the tall grass.

The course has very good signs.

The gravel teeboxes are also well maintained and nice.

Some longer holes are on the course which is impressive considering the small park it is in. Hole 5 is 515 feet.
Cons: Tall weeds and grass can easily eat a disc that is just a few feet off the mowed fairway.

The course has a confusing layout despite the good signs. After hole 5 you have to walk all the way back past hole 3 to hole 2's tee as hole six tees off in the same area.

Holes 6 and 7 play up against the outfield of the baseball diamond.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course, but not great either. The rough makes it almost necessary to bring someone to spot or you will lose a disc.

Ok, but nothing spectacular

1    5/24/2009   5/28/2009
Review By: lko102
Pros: Nice gravel tees for each hole. Good signage marking pin location and footage for most holes, some missing. Decent use of a limited amount of space.
Cons: The course looks like it is located in a flood plain, with most of the ground being swampy, and covered with tall grass. Discs thrown into the grass can be very difficult to find without a spotter. Not much of a challenge, most holes are fairly open without much obstruction/obstacles.
Other Thoughts: It's not a bad course, it just doesn't do anything to make it stand out from other offerings in the area. Unlike some of the other "pitch and putt" courses, they do have a few long holes here, which is a nice change of pace. The grass is a killer on some holes. If you play without a spotter, keep in mind that there will be some places where you are throwing blind, and if your disc crosses into the grass without you seeing it land, you may have a long search on your hands to find it. I played while everything was dry, but it isn't hard to imagine that rain will make much of the course wet and unplayable, and I can also imagine that mosquitoes will be very thick in the summer. All and all, I would only visit the course if I happened to be in the area, otherwise, there are better courses in the area to spend your time at.

D Grade = Dud

1    3/26/2009   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- D
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- D
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- D
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- D+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- D

Course has some issues

1    10/4/2008   10/4/2008
Review By: krc1130
This review was updated on 10/7/2008
Pros: Very decent tee boxes, and the holes are all marked fairly well. Seems to be a decent use of space, given the fairly limited resources available. The baskets were high quality and cemented into the ground. Some longer holes, which is surprising, given the space. Totally empty while I was playing.
Cons: Not a ton of variety on this course. All of it was fairly open, with very little by way of obstacles. Tall grass doesn't provide much of playing challenge, aside from obscuring lost discs. The fairway on holes three and four are absolutely unplayable and disgusting. They were very mucky and fairly unplayable. I definitely did not want to throw my discs in that mess. I disagree with the previous reviewer that the fairways are in any way well maintained. Course is wedged between a couple of baseball fields and is behind an elementary school. Some holes are also close to a playground, so there can be some foot traffic issues during weekdays.
Other Thoughts: I'll be honest...I was ready to be pleasantly surprised with this course. The first tee was very hard to find at first...it's close to the baseball field furthest from the school. The first and second holes were very nice, and I liked the tees and tee markers. But then the awful terrain on three and four kinda ruined it. Four provided no challenge, aside from being over 400 feet long. And there really is no challenge or variety to this course. This course is totally blah, and that might even be generous. I guess if you're driving by the elementary school sometime, give it a shot, but don't go out of your way to play this. By no means a very good course.

5+    9/10/2008   9/27/2008
Review By: whitechocolate
This review was updated on 3/13/2009
Pros: a couple longer holes, some challenging shots, need variety of shots to play, fairways and signs well maintained, quieter park
Cons: layout is slightly confusing, tee pads for hole 2 and hole 6 six are connected, not a good course for during the day when school is in session. this park get trashed when it takes in heavy rain. 3 and 4 can definitely become unplayable. make sure you check it out after a couple dry days in a row.
Other Thoughts: tall weeds make the rough punishing, tee pads are not concrete but are decent (sandstone?), bring bug spray.

1 2 Next >