Zürich, Switzerland
Zürich-Buchlern Share
Uploaded By: ElementZ   (Taken 5/2012)

Buchlern Sport Platz

2-4    5/20/2012   5/20/2012
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: Baskets, a fantastic view of the Alps, and easy accessibility with public transportation!
Cons: I only found 5 of the baskets. I think two were taken down because of a soccer tournament and the two in the woods are just gone forever.

This is again more of a practice area than a course because there are no tees or signs or stuff, you kind of just make up holes as you go or practice putting. It was kind of cool, but it's definitely not a disc golf destination by itself.

The baskets are single chained, which is something I haven't seen very much of before, but didn't like.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area, spend more time in Grüze or Hardhof. As I'm sitting here in my four hour train trip and reviewing the courses of my day, I think that these are the two courses that really shine in the Zürich area. This course is more for warming up or teaching others the sport, but definitely not attractive for anyone reading this review.

A few baskets might be found

1    5/10/2010   5/10/2010
Review By: JHern
Pros: It was great to find disc golf baskets in Zurich, as it was not clear whether we would have any opportunity to play a round during our travels in Europe. This "course" is in a nice sport park in the western part of the city, with nice views of the city itself and close to hiking trails in the hills above Zurich.

We spent a rainy spring morning looking around for baskets, and I think we found about 4 of them, which had us excited to play a round. It was great to get in a few throws, rusty as they were.
Cons: However, we could not find any tee pads or marks to indicate where one might begin throwing, nor any rhyme or reason to the ways in which a course might be defined for the basket positions we did find. The only plausible fairways were along pedestrian pathways, which does not seem like a good idea since even on a rainy spring morning there was a significant amount of foot traffic. We talked to a gentleman at the "sportlage" who said that the person(s) responsible for putting in the course had never bothered to define a plan or a map for the course so that others might find their way.
Other Thoughts: If you are seriously jones-ing for disc golf in Zurich, you might find some ways to play this course. We made up a few holes for the baskets that we did find, and then a couple of safari holes besides. I would love to see a course that wound its way uphill into the forest next to this park.