Zürich, Switzerland
Uploaded By: ElementZ Hole #1

Nice park, decent course

1    5/24/2016   5/25/2016
Review By: BrnoDiscWrangler
Pros: The Hardhof course is located in a sport park in the suburbs of Zurich. The setting is nice and the holes are sometimes challenging. The baskets were in decent shape. I played there in early spring, everything was lush and beautiful and the park was very well maintained. Please note that the park facilitates a whole other range of sports activity: several soccer fields, running paths throughout, cross fit obstacles etc, therefore, you could come across other users of the park far more often then with other courses spread across a larger area.
Cons: There were a few too many blind shots that require a spotter. This was my main issue. Playing alone, I was worried that I would hit someone when throwing around blind corners. Fortunately I had no issue but I wonder how one could play here on a busy weekend afternoon without using a spotter, it would seem a bit reckless to me.
Other Thoughts: Aside from the spotter issue, it really is a nice course, the layout is well thought out. If you are nearby and have some time to play, definitely check it out.

5th Country Played!

1    3/5/2016   3/9/2016
Review By: sgamerp
Pros: -Use of the Park - Dang this park isn't the biggest but it has used it very well. Hole 6 and 10 were awesome. The water also plays into the course.

-Decently Marked Holes- While they do not have Tee Pads or Signs, they have all the holes marked with spray paint, and fairly easy to find.

-Baskets - Nice Baskets with Voodoo warrior stickers on all of them.

-Easy to Find - I put the Lat and Lang on my Google maps and found it simple. It has a bus stop fairly close to it, and was easy to get to from public transport

-Manicured - I played at the end of winter, but it seemed nicely taken care of.
Cons: - No Signs - Because of this I had to refer to the map a lot. The one on here is out dated(I added the new one. Only changes holes 11 and 12)
, so I had to safari a few holes, but the rest was fairly simple.

- Multi Use Park - Some of the Tee pads are on running trails and also by some soccer fields. I didn't see any people using the other area while I was at the park but it was very rainy.
Other Thoughts: http://www.voodoowarriors.ch / - You should go to this website and e-mail them. I got a call within 2 days and if there wasn't a tourney I would of had someone show me around.

Public Transport is easy, it appears bus 89, 46, and 13 all appear to go very close. I used Google map and found it quickly.

They had a decent amount of trash cans, and other amenities in the park, I didn't see a rest room, but I was also not really looking for one also.

I've played in four European countries and this course felt the most like an actual course, it didn't seem gimmicky, or not taken care of. If you are in the city you can get here play a round fairly quickly.

Nice course, lacks signage

1    9/2/2015   9/2/2015
Review By: chickadisca34
Pros: -Nice variety: hills, trees, long and short, right and left, makes for a challenging course
-Chain baskets are in great condition
-Easy to access- a short walk from the Hardhof tram stop (or the Hardturm stop if you want to start on what I think is hole 8 then finish on 7, see "other thoughts")
-Very clean (obviously, it's Zurich...)
Cons: Most tees are marked with a faded line of either yellow or white spray paint, but overall, it was a hard course to follow. I ended up walking half the course backwards, then once I figured out where the first hole was, I managed to throw at all 12 baskets. There are a few white spray paint arrows showing the next tee, which was super helpful. It took a me second round, however, to figure out where each tee was for each pin.

The only other con is that there are many joggers on the trails (our fairways), sometimes coming around blind corners, so you really need to watch out and wait for them.
Other Thoughts: The map linked on this site has nine holes shown, but there are two more holes between 1 and 3 and another one between 8 and 9, making 12 total: seven on the south of the tracks and five on the north side.

I made another map with all 12 marked and posted it in the Links/Files section.

Overall, I enjoyed the course. Will play again soon!

5+    4/15/2014   5/17/2014
Review By: Smigles
Pros: Easy to acess with public transportation. Toilets and a small sandwich shop in the center of the course. It's on a sportsground, so no pedestrians, no dogs, no kids playing.

Technical course, narrow gaps to hit and challenging pin positions. The fairways are usualy well defined by big bushes that will punish you when you dont hit the intended line.
Cons: The tees are not marked well. They are only marked with yellow spraypaint. If you dont know the area you will have a hard time finding your way around.

Only 12 permanent baskets, the other 6 are set up temporarily for the Zürich Open.
Other Thoughts: Its best to contact the locals to get to play a round with them : http://www.voodoowarriors.ch /

Zürich Open Site

2-4    5/20/2012   5/20/2012
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: The longest course in Zürich! With 12 baskets and easy accessibility with public transport, if you're in Zürich and can only play one course, this is the one.

While the design and layout isn't super apparent until you walk through it once before, when you catch on, the holes are very challenging and fun.
Cons: Layout isn't obvious and the map isn't up to date. There are no tee signs (which would seriously help out a TON), and the tee is usually just yellow spray paint which isn't always easy to find. While there's 3 feet mowed that denotes the fairways, if you land off of them (which isn't unlikely...), you'll be searching for your disc.

When you're playing this for the first time without a guide, I'm convinced you'll be doing a lot of wandering around aimlessly praying to find baskets like me, but it's worth it when you find them because the holes really are fun.
Other Thoughts: Home course of the Zürich Open, this course demands that you can throw long and accurate technical shots if you wish to score well.

It's the toughest course in Zürich and you really need to be on top of your game if you wish to score well. Deuces here are very tough!

Atleast it had baskets

1    6/5/2010   6/8/2010
Review By: Nachojoe
Pros: It had baskets, last two holes were nice.
Cons: It was hard to find, the course was not maintained, only found 5 baskets, tee markers where hard to locate and were just yellow spray painted lines. The last two holes were great compared to holes 1-3
Other Thoughts: dont wear shorts because your legs will itch for days! Holes distances ranged from 150 ft (3 holes) to 350 ft (2 holes)