St. Andrews, United Kingdom
St. Andrews University Sports Centre Share
Uploaded By: sunshay   (Taken 3/2009)
Course Sign

YES I HAVE PLAYED ST. ANDREWS

2-4    6/22/2012   7/22/2012
Review By: nightwing
Pros: -SAYING "YES I HAVE PLAYED ST. ANDREWS."
-NICE GREEN AND CLEAN LOCATION NEAR TOWN.
-ONLY COURSE I COULD GET TO IN SCOTLAND
-PLAYS FINE WITH JUST A FEW TRAVEL DISCS.
Cons: -NEGLECTED BASKETS/ MINIMAL TEE PADS
-TEE 7 IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND W/O MAP.
(SEE THE KIOSK MAP NEAR TEE 1)
-VERY FLAT WITHOUT MUCH LEFT/RIGHT.
-HOLE 5 MOSTLY BLOCKED BY TREE CLEARING.
Other Thoughts: I agree with all comments in the other review.

- Benji, the local Ultimate Coach, was just great. He is an easy going natural athlete and helped my niece and brother-in-law play better. You might try posting on the BDGA. That's how we hooked up.

Land of the other Golf

1    8/29/2011   9/5/2011
Review By: crassostrea
Pros: The setting was great in historic St. Andrews Scotland. Open Fairways were well maintained as they were shared with other sports at the University.
Cons: Could use better baskets. The ones they have do not seem to be up to spec. Also the tee pads were in need of some upgrading.
Other Thoughts: Weaving in and amongst the athletics fields at St. Andrews University this little 9 hole course was fun to play while I was in the neighborhood. A cpl of the holes were overgrown and in need of some maintenance, but overall the course was in good shape. The course was short but has nice open shots as well as a cpl of shots along narrow avenues of trees. It says that you need to pay to play, but I asked in the office if the course was playable and the manager said most of it was. Never charged me and I played all 9 holes.