Moraga, CA
Moraga Commons Park Share
Uploaded By: Tomveeh Hole #6 (Taken 12/2010)

A Great Little Course!!

1    10/5/2014   10/6/2014
Review By: thetomswift
Pros: Lovely location.
Easy layout to understand. (Pay attention on 7 and 8. On seven, they have changed the basket and it's a much longer hole. And, 8 goes UP the hill, not across. Doh!)
Lots of challenging holes.
When I was there, I didn't see another golfer until the end of my round, which allowed me to play multiple discs, and practice.
The weather was gorgeous.
They do a lot with a small plot of land. Really impressive.
Lots of elevation changes.
Well maintained.
Easy to use.
At the end of hole seven, it looks like folks have made a nice little place for a beer break. Couldn't be a better idea. (There's a picnic table near the top of the hill, where you can also chill, have a beer, and watch great drives.)
I will absolute play this course again, and it may become my home course. (The drive from Redwood Road is spectacular: Lots of places to stop and see views. Would be a great destination for folks into heavy-duty biking, too.)
Cons: They wisely keep the holes away from trafficked areas in the park - but watch for bikers and joggers - I nearly took a dude's head off with a drive, cuz he came out from a blind spot.
I can imagine that driving from The City would be a pain in the ass (and the tunnel can be a challenge. Try using Redwood Road.)
Some of the signage has not kept up to date with hole changes, but it's not major. Just pay attention and don't be afraid to walk a hole to figure out where the basket is. It's worth it.
Other Thoughts: I'm still relatively new at this, after 40 years away from the game, so I may be a little generous. That said, I think this is a deceptively difficult course with lots of variation. I had a fantastic afternoon, and can't wait to play it again (and again and again).
Although there are some trees that come into play, it's largely an open set up. I like that, but I know others don't. (That said, I can't imagine losing a disc here. Sight-lines are clear and the course is open and well maintained.)
I really can't think of much bad to say, given some of the options in this neck of the wood. FAR superior to Chabot Park and Aquatic Park in my opinion.

Liked It

5/20/2008   5/20/2008
Review By: Miles
Pros: All nine holes are fun to play and the layout was both convenient and challenging. I usually think of nine-hole park courses as second rate, but this course was very nice.
Cons: No problems the day we played.