Greenville, SC
Gower Park Share
Uploaded By: crawdad
Entrance Sign

Yeah that really is a tank Bill.

1    3/3/2012   3/5/2012
Review By: Connor Jones
Pros: Yup, there is a tank on this course, I have no idea the history of this park so I couldn't tell you why, but all I know is there is a tank.

There is also a decent amount of variety for such a small 9 holer, plenty of fun little ace runs, a couple holes in the woods, and one or two longer holes.

The tees worked well considering what this course is, a pitch-n-putt for the most part.
Cons: These are single chain baskets, but I mean, I'm not going to grade this like a championship caliber course because it's just not. I can't really think of a whole lot of true cons with the design currently present.

The teesigns are crappy or non-existant, but you don't really need them considering you'll be able to see the basket from the tee regardless.
Other Thoughts: That being said, it's not worth it to go out of your way for this course, but it is a fun, quick little nine-holer and I got to throw my putter quite a bit which is great, because I suck with putters.

So yup, usually I would add more, but I can't think of anything extravagant to add about this course. Had fun though.

Great Beginner Course

5+    7/4/2011   7/4/2011
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -Beginner friendly course! This was one course I played frequently when I first began playing. It allows beginners to make par if played well and even offers birdie opportunities to award great drives.

-Challenging enough to keep more advanced players satisfied.

-Variety between open and wooded and hole shape variety.

-Good Tee signs and tee pads.

-Bathrooms on-site (located directly behind the tee of hole 5)

-Close proximity to shopping/downtown.

-Plays quick- 20 minute solo round.

-Great place to bring new players or families.
Cons: -This will not be your go-to course for advanced players due to the lack of difficulty.

-Lots of litter. This course is in the worst shape of the ones in Greenville county.

-Most baskets have graffiti/sharpie across the ring.

-Couple of baskets need maintenance (some held up by a nail, rusted chains, etc.

-Some danger posed to park goers due to shots over and around walking path.
Other Thoughts: I have played this course over 100 times, especially when I was new to the game and lived in the neighborhood. This course definitely has it's place and offers variety from Holmes/Furman/TImmons.

...but it has a tank...

1    4/22/2011   4/22/2011
Review By: billnchristy
Pros: Good quality, but older single chain discatchers
Some signs but most holes are obvious
Some lefty and right shots
Challenge due to the tight lines
Nice, smallish concrete pads (you don't need bigger)
A TANK!!!!
Cons: Poke and pray nature in the woods
Crosses some walking paths
A few signs missing
Other Thoughts: This course has a decent variety of mostly short shots. Some of them are crazy short but also crazy tight. The course has a good variety of elevation and some lefty and righty shots for your shooting pleasure.

Did I mention it has a tank? How many times can you say you got to throw a disc in the general direction of a war machine?

This is a fun and decent course but I would probably still play Holmes if I only had time for 9.

Everything ValkyrieKid said plus...

1    9/5/2009   9/5/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
Everything ValkyrieKid said plus...

- I think 1, 5, 6, and 8 were decent holes... especially 1.
- Without a map... and missing tee-signs... this course was a breeze to follow.
Cons:
-Danger. Danger. Danger! Besides the Tank (which was cool, and a kid was playing on it)...
-Hole 7 is right next to a swingset/playground - rediculously close... especially considering the shape of the shot you must throw to park it. They need to clear out the left side gap and put mandy signs up. And, even then???
- Also, Hole 6 throws near a pavillion. My disc went threw it and DiscChainBasket18's disc hit it.
- And, I have to reitterate the potential danger with the baskets being so close to the next tee-pad (some less than 10').
- And, not the best neighborhood (by appearance)... we hid all valuables in the trunk.
- There are three other courses within 10 miles, making this a great road trip destination. We easily bagged 4 courses in one day.
- My GPS was telling us we had arrived... but, we didn't see the park - it's hiding behind the KIA dealership.
My Score: -1 (left more than a few behind)

Another Quick Little Nine Holer In A City Park!

1    7/20/2009   7/27/2009
Pros: It's a decent little nine holer to get a quick round in. There are concrete teepads and single chain baskets. A variety of holes await you from some very tight holes in the woods to a couple longer, more open holes. It's a little too long to be considered a pitch and putt. It's more of a beginner/recreational type course. Would be a great place to introduce a newbie to the game or to bring your family.
Cons: The teepads for the wooded holes are very close to the previous baskets. You have to wait for them to clear before you let go. # 9 has a WW 2 tank that's slightly right of in the fairway. You really should be able to throw by it with no problem. But if there are kids playing on it, it's a good idea to give them a heads up before you throw just in case, one really gets away from you. I yelled and all the kids hid on the far side of the tank. Maybe they thought I was a German! It appeared that they had been through the drill before.
Other Thoughts: Another "What you see is what you get course." Don't come expecting to be really challenged or awed. Come here for that quick practice round. Bring your buddy for his first time throwing. Maybe you'll add to your ACE count.

1    1/16/2009   1/28/2009
Review By: marcusdavis
Pros: Good beginner course. Fairly open for the most part. Short holes, only a few times where a driver could be used.
Cons: Very trashy course! We even found a crack pipe on hole. I felt like I needed to be "packing heat" for protection at times on this course.
Other Thoughts: The Philly Blunt tree on hole three was pretty impressive...somebody has WAY too much time on their hands.( You have to see it to believe it.)