4 Helpful / 0 Not
Down by the tracks
Pros: - Concrete teepads
- Good distances for a 9/10 hole'er
- Easy access from major freeways
- Good use of the slight elevation changes there to help provide a little bit of variety
- Players seemed more friendly and willing to let people play through than in other areas of Sac
- Playgound onsite
Cons: - Right next to the railroad tracks so there is both noise and the risk of throwing your disc over the fence and onto the tracks on a couple holes
- Some teesigns missing
- Airport neerby had planes flying over providing more noise
- Two holes share a basket
- Homeless campsite next to hole 2
- Litter around even though there are trash cans on the course
- Wet and muddy in winter. I'm sure this isn't a problem in the summer, but in the winter there are many swampy areas on the course, and one basket that was surrounded enough that I didn't even bother to put out on it even with my birdie look.
- Not enough trees on the course for my taste (this could be a pro in some peoples eyes)
Other Thoughts: For a park in the middle of Sac there was actualy some good distance on most of the holes. Speed of play was fast with groups letting me play through where in other areas around Sac (Orangevalle, Rocklin), I've been stuck behind groups that would refuse to let you pass. The locals here seemed more friendly than I've found elsewhere which gives me hope for Sacramento area golfers yet. The park was prety wet and muddy when I played it, but we had just finished with a week of storms so it could be expected for the course to be a little wet, but it seemed to hold alot of water making for a few areas to become swampy, one basket was even surrounded by a puddle. There was a little bit of elevation change around the course, and it was used well.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Grip it and Rip Course
Pros: - has baskets
- has cement tees
- easy to navigate
- some slight elevation change
- course has some decent length to it, 3/4 of the holes are 300+
- fairly open so you can just air it out
- the "extra" hole. playing from the tee pad that is to the right of 5's pin placement at the number 8 basket
Cons: -its mainly all open, to real shot shaping
- can get congested around number 8 basket
Other Thoughts: Another one and done in the Sacramento area, i am starting to see why shady oaks is so crowded its the only true course in Sacramento. They should really put baskets in at Schwitzer instead of tone poles..
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: 9 holes, pretty wide open with concrete pads. Not much traffic in this park.
Cons: signage lacking, most likley stolen and recycled. One hole plays right along a fence next to the railroad tracks, kinda sucks. I dont know if a basket was stolen but it appears holes 6 and 8 share a basket, kind of confusing.
Other Thoughts: Doesn't look like a good area, however you can pretty much see your car from everywhere on the course.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.