Monroe, OH
Monroe Community Park Share
3 / 209ft.   3 / 209ft.   3 / 209ft.   3 / 209ft. Par / Distance:

1 2 3 4 Next >
 Trees with a side of trees

1    8/31/2008   9/5/2008
Review By: timg
Pros: Well maintained with great signs and tee pads. Plenty of "Next Tee" signs to guide you to the next tee making a map pretty much unnecessary. Also, some nice elevation changes as well as a few holes out in the open adds variety.

I'll list the drinking fountain by hole #21 as a pro as well since I decided to use it during my round on this 90 degree day.
Cons: As the other reviews mentioned, hole #21 plays parallel to a soccer field so that would obviously be an issue if a game was going on.

Also, most holes are relatively straight and not too long. I think I can count the number of times I pulled out my driver on one hand.
Other Thoughts: Despite the hole length, Monroe is a challenging course. There are plenty of areas where an errant shot will get you into a heap of trouble and a few holes require almost laser-like precision to stay out of trouble. I feel safe saying that anyone that plays this course often will walk away with significantly improved shot accuracy. As another reviewer mentioned, most fairways are seemingly carved out of the woods which provides incentive to keep your shots under control and may actually encourage a slightly more conservative level of play in some cases.

As far as the holes themselves, I can't say that there were any real stand outs. While I had fun playing the course, there wasn't any one hole that was really memorable.

Overall, this is a well put together course and I enjoyed my round here. If I lived in the area I could see playing it often as I feel it is one of the better options in the Monroe/Middletown area. Now whether or not it's worth a detour is a toss-up. There are 24 solid holes here but nothing that will really knock your socks off. If you're in the area or passing through it's certainly worth a stop but I wouldn't recommend taking a trip to Monroe specifically to play this course.

Monroe Disc Golf Course

2-4    11/1/2009   8/18/2008
Review By: discgolferjr
This review was updated on 11/15/2009
Pros: Nice, long course. Chainstar baskets. Wonderful teepads and signs. Combo of short and long holes. Not muddy in summer. 24 hole course, cement teepads, mostly wooded, elevation changes, very nice course.
Cons: To many wooded holes. Punishes good shots. Hard to play hole 21 when Soccer games are being played. Hole 10 plays a long a parking lot.
Other Thoughts: Turtlecreek and Mason Sports Park are close by so play those too. 24 Holes is just right. Weekly Doubles Wed. 6pm. I don't know how much admission. Go to www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com for more info.

Straight But Challenging

6/19/2008   6/23/2008
Review By: comcast eric
Pros: Tight narrow fairways with random trees left in. Good variety of open and wooded holes with elevation changes. Wonderful Tee pads. Awesome tee signs
Cons: Every hole is practically straight. Not much in the way of dog legs. Hole 10 does run along a parking lot.
Other Thoughts: First off Hats off to the group that put this course in the ground they did ALOT of work! Seems like they just took a section of woods and just carved some fairways into them. The holes are straight and narrow it you really do need accurate throws to get down the fairway. I feel the pars could be adjusted. Hole 13 is straight across an open field listed as 284ft and a par 4. Theres a couple intimating up hill drives you gotta make. Hole 20 has a nice little vine swing if you dare. I did enjoy the 24 hole play. 18 never seems enough and by the end of 27 I am wiped out. Nice happy medium. Good course would play here often if lived closer.

Get out your Axe!

4/18/2008   4/18/2008
Review By: chuckynobbs
Pros: Lots of technical shots throughout. Really stresses all the shots in your aresenal! I think a few days here would greatly increase your game! Lots of trees that are decently set up so that you have a line (sometimes a very small line). Not much traffic, tee pads are good, tee signs are great
Cons: Some of the holes run parallel to the parking lot with a lot of cars and one of the last holes is right next to a soccer field which when they are playing would make it virtually unplayable. I had a problem hitting every tree in the woods and after awhile it does get frustrating. Sometimes finding the next hole is a guessing game
Other Thoughts: Hard to par this one 24 holes of fun though good luck!

1 2 3 4 Next >