Davenport, IA
West Lake Park Share
Uploaded By: FightingIllinut Hole #10 (Taken 8/2013)
3 / 237ft.   3 / 237ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #10 Am Tee

too much distraction

1    9/20/2013   10/10/2013
Review By: mjs2055
This review was updated on 6/14/2014
Pros: The main pro is there is more than 18 holes and concrete tee pads for both pro and amateur. I typically enjoy longer courses and courses with water hazards. There are a few super long holes that requires some precision. The water adds an element of difficulty not found at many other parks. Some of the holes are unique and are pretty difficult due to the level of precision they require. There is a wide variety of holes and the course does make most of its elevation. This is a course you should bring a burner or a floater. You will need to be able to throw a wide variety of throws because there are open shots and tight shots as well. The scenery is nice and it is well manicured.
Cons: Well to start off this course goes right thru a multipurpose park which greatly interferes with the course. I am reviewing this course in particular because I found it unacceptable that I had so many holes interrupted due to other people enjoying the park. This park is highly overrated and my friends and I were thoroughly disappointed that so many holes were unplayable because the course went thru a park with so many other people making the course unplayable. I personally enjoy a course with a challenge but when so many holes are unplayable because of other people enjoying the park I find that unacceptable. I also do not want to hear the excuse that it is not busy during the week because that is unreasonable for people that have a job or are from out of town. I also was extremely disappointed with the lack of signage. There were no signs to direct from hole to hole and my group wasted considerable time attempting to find the next hole.
Other Thoughts: If you would like to play a championship level gold course this is not the one to play. I played this course while on a long road trip thru multiple states and I had the opportunity to play many other gold level courses with long distances that were far superior. Just because a course is long does make it a champion level course. There are some fun holes on this course but to have so many holes that become unplayable because of other park users is unacceptable. I would love to give this course a higher rating but putting a long, difficult course thru a busy park that makes the course not fully playable deserves a low rating. If you don't believe me look at the other championship/gold level courses I have already played. The course has its positive side however you may be disappointed. The pro tee shots over the water are unique and very difficult. Play Camden-II if you are in the area and you want to play a better gold level course.