Sedro Woolley, WA
Uploaded By: kidtree Hole #8
Hole #8 Tee: Plays across the road cut. The basket is off to the right, at the far edge of the field.

Long time ago

1    7/14/2010   6/18/2011
Review By: ninja-don
Pros: The feel of this course is really amazing. That being said please not that it was about a year ago when I first (and only) played this course.
What I do remember is that the area was awesome, they used the landscape to the max.
Every shot in the book can and should be used here.
The place was not crowded, but also not abandoned either... I saw a few disc golfers as well as dog walkers and what not... it is a great place to see... the disc golf course is the topping on the cake that makes this place even better.
I liked the custom holes, they required some extra finesse to each of these holes.
Cons: When I was there some of the fairways were cut short out of the tall grass which was awesome, but the tall "rough" areas were disc eaters. If it was a blind shot into tall grass you could easily loose a disc or will be looking for it for a while.
I don't remember any water fountains, or bathrooms, or trash cans.
Other Thoughts: I plan to go back here again and will update this review afterwords.
That being said I know that this review is not as informative as it could be. Please remember that I wrote this almost a year after I played.
I will say that i look forward to going back again and would totally recommend this course to all players.
Bring a map... I do remember it really helped.

An Artistic Challenge

1    11/28/2010   3/22/2011
Review By: pablocruz1
Pros: Excellent mix of different shots, elevation changes, occasional trees and obstacles, and unusual basket targets which I loved. Great adventure in nature worth the miles of hike.
Cons: LONG course which took 3+ hrs to finish but that's what I like - did seem like the 6 miles they claim it might be in total. Some holes far apart or confusing. Might loose a disc in swamp or blackberries.
Other Thoughts: Can't wait to see it in the summer time.

A Great Course to Serve the Area

2-4    3/17/2011   3/17/2011
Review By: Menacewarf
Pros: Like any great course the NSRA DGC requires a wider variety of disc golf shots. Long, short, left, right, forehand, backhand, anhyzer, hyzer, overhand, and rolling shot's will all make an appearance in a well executed round at this course. In addition the fairways offer nice additional textures (ie. from open areas into thicker forest, rounding corners to enter different areas, throwing through tight gaps into more open areas) Great use of existing landscape. Great use of alternative style targets. Great use of existing fairways. Good spacing between holes. Interesting layout. Relatively few muddy or wet areas.
Cons: Very little negative to say. The course is a bit rough but really not very bad. Brambles are limited to distinct areas (ie. not the fairways). The alternative style targets are open to a bit of interpretation which I'm sure the locals have figured out but it is plain enough.
Other Thoughts: By designing the course with a high degree of sensitivity to the existing natural, and disturbed landscape features the course attains a very nice degree of harmony with the land. The alternative targets add to this strong sense of place, which makes this not only a great place for disc golf, but also a very popular place for hikers, dog-walkers, and joggers. The land is likely used by birdwatchers or other naturalists as well.

5+    4/21/2010   4/21/2010
Review By: promoe
Pros: This course has a little of everything from beginners to pros. The course covers all terrain and moves from lightly wooded to open fields for power drives.
Cons: Just like all courses and throws together there is nothing perfect, the course has lots of rough to get lost in so keep your eye on the disc.
Other Thoughts: There is a local movement with the county parks to improve the course with the help of volunteers so all you locals try to do your part and check the reader board for more info!

One to remember

1    1/1/2008   11/21/2009
Review By: menmabassguitar
Pros: Creativity! I REALLY dig the sculpture art baskets they have scattered around. I remember one that looked like a slide and another was simply a bucket upside down on the pin.
Its perfect length, no over crowding trees and super secluded.
Great elevation changes throughout the course.
Quite surroundings.
Cons: I was in high top shoes, should have brought some hiking boots or wellies.

Don't remember seeing a bathroom or a water source so be weary of that.

A little tough to follow the first time around considering the dirt tee pads and small signage.
Other Thoughts: When I played this course it had rained a day or so prior which created some muddy terrain. The course staggers around a connection of fields and always leaves you with a new set up.

A must for anyone living near the Puget Sound.

5+    9/29/2009   9/30/2009
Review By: andyh360
Pros: This is an amazingly challenging course. If you don't like the exiting risk of losing a disk when you have a bad throw then this isn't the course for you. There are so many obstacles that this course never gets boring. If you have a long drive this is a course to let it all out. You can throw as far as you can on most of these holes. There are trees,blackberries, and the tall grass. I have played this course over 50 times and it never gets old. The wildlife is everywhere and there are lots of places to rest along the way. There is a cold freshwater creek after you shoot down into the canyon on hole 6 that you can cool off in on a hot day and so many shaded spots to just relax all along the entire course.
Cons: The first time you play this course should be played with a local. Only because there are very few holes where you can see the basket from the tee box. If you are not going to go with a local I reccomend that you walk each hole before you throw your disc away because certain times of the year the grass and the blackberries make it a course for the experienced only.
Other Thoughts: The teeboxes need some work. Some are unlevel. It such a beautiful area that it's a nice walk itself. There are lots of old buildings still there from when it once was a mental hospital with one building still having the incinerator in it. If you get good enough and the wind isn't blowin too hard you can walk upstairs in the barn on hole 18 and throw out the loft but beware if you don't get a good throw you will never see that disc again. Its an all around cool place to check out.

Good, fun course

1    9/20/2009   9/21/2009
Review By: akoenig
Pros: - A good variety of length to the holes
- Art baskets are cool, though can be a bit annoying to putt on. (Would have been better to use these as alt baskets)
- Covers a lot of distance around the area.
- Farmhouse next to hole 2 is pretty cool.
- A few nice basket placements in the trees
- Wind makes the holes much more difficult.
- Signs to get to the next tee.
- Fresh blackberries!
Cons: - A number of the holes (probably 4 or 5) are just pretty straight shots with not a lot in terms of obstacles. This was hands down my biggest issue.
- No hole maps at tee (not a huge deal)
- Blackberry bushes get annoying to find disc in, though you should just treat them like hazards.
- Not enough variety in holes: elevation, dogleg direction, obstacles, etc
Other Thoughts: I played here with 4 newbies and 2 of us experienced guys. We all had a great time, despite some of the holes being pretty long for the first-timers. Those of us wearing shorts ended up with a lot of cuts on our legs from blackberries, and we had to spend a bit of time looking for discs, but all in all, it's the kind of course that gets new people hooked on playing.

Hole 14 was a very memorable hole, as were the few basket placements in the trees. I'd come back.

When the grass is short, best course in whatcom/skagit/snohomish counties.

5+    7/15/2009   7/18/2009
Review By: soccerfreako
- Big, long distance.
- Open design allows wind to make course more difficult.
- Beautiful scenery.
- Great course layout, no fairways cross each other.
- The few art baskets add to the difficulty and creativity of the course.
- Only a couple holes have substantial elevation changes (3,6,18). I would like more.
- Blackberries on the borders of a couple holes make it easier to lose discs.
- Beginners will be frustrated by the distance of this course (especially if they are comparing it to cornwall park).
- Art baskets (some people don't like them).
- The GRASS! From late April to Mid July this course becomes very difficult to play (without losing discs) with 3ft tall grass surrounding the fairways.

1    6/27/2009   6/28/2009
Review By: Ewb46
Pros: Beautiful Scenery, Wide open fields, Art Targets, Nice Laid out course. Nice mix of Long, Medium, and short holes. Few holes with elevation change ( throwing off ridge, over hill etc)
Friendly Locals, and plenty of chances bump shoulders with wild life.
Cons: Grooming! Depending on the time of year you can be wading through 4' tall hay fields if you fall off the fairway. Not enough trash cans although having more doesn't always stop people from being pigs. Art Targets they are good and bad... but I am more of a traditionalist I would like to seek real baskets and maybe have the art be an alt basket.
Other Thoughts: This is an awesome course that covers the area of an old farm. I ran across large garter snakes, Elk tracks and plenty of chipmunks, Squirrels and other birds. I really enjoyed playing this course. I will be the first to tell you to play it safe on this course and play the course not make the course play to you. I lost some very nice champ plastic on this course. You win some and loose some.

Fun Fun at the Farm

1    6/20/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: DubsAndDiscs
Pros: Totally unique course with a great layout that I will play and enjoy every time I visit the area. After reading the reviews about lost disc dangers, I played this course very conservative - choosing my discs carefully and playing safe shots as much as possible. When I played they grasses were just starting to get mowed, so the 1st thrower on most of the holes threw, then went out to find their disc with the other spotting from the teebox, then spotted for the other before throwing again. Worked just fine, didn't lose any discs, and only took a little more time - no prob. On 13, I would recommend someone go out and stand on the hill and spot for the others in your group, since hard throwers may have a tough time finding their discs on any throw - good or bad. If you pay attention, the high grass/weeds/etc is not much of a problem and if you treat the blackberries like water hazards that you WILL lose a disc in, I think you will find this course an enjoyable challenge. I walked out of the 18th saying to myself that this was the most FUN I've ever had playing a round and I look forward to getting out there again as soon as I can.
Cons: Blackberries! Yeah, I wish they weren't a part of any course, but I must say that on a few holes, like the 1st, they only play a major problem to those who MUST throw at the basket off the tee. I recognized the danger, chose a disc that would lay down before the big thicket, then threw a safe 2nd shot over it and put it right near the basket - what's the prob? Similarly #8 was one that you could not overthrow more than a little bit without having a problem, but lay a nice shot up near the hole, then lay a nice floater into the basket instead of trying to hammer one home, and you're golden. Sure, I would've liked #6 to be cleared of grass/weeds like in the photos, but treated with caution, it played just fine. The only real cons here are the ones you make yourself.
Other Thoughts: Okay, I'll admit that traditional baskets are my preference usually, but the art baskets here are pretty cool! I'd like to see this course have 18 traditional baskets sometime in the future, but there's enough room out there to make a "dual" course with each hole having a choice of an art target or a traditional basket. And, rather than placing the two together, there's enough room to make very different placements for each - kind of like a traditional A/B tee setup but backwards. I'll be the first to offer to donate another art basket - I've got some old VW parts around here that would make a cool one - let me know!!