Virginia Beach, VA
Munden Point Share
Uploaded By: Aaron D'Angelo Hole #6
3 / 163ft.   3 / 206ft.   3 / 163ft.   3 / 205ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Short Tee

At least you're at the beach

1    9/11/2007   4/11/2009
Review By: tmahan
This review was updated on 7/5/2011
Pros: There is a lot to do in the area and you are playing golf. #8 is an epic shot, might be wise to throw something expendable on this one if you plan on going for it. Beautiful scenery. The park itself is well kept, the fairways are as manicured as ball golf fairways.
Cons: The designers just weren't given much to work with here. Flat as a pancake and lightly wooded. What obstacles that are there are used, but it's basically field golf. It's also a pretty good haul from Va. Beach, it's at least another 20-30 minutes from Rudy Inlet
Other Thoughts: The words flat and mostly featureless are what comes to mind when I think of most of this course, with #8 being a major exception. There are a handful of pretty decent holes other than #8, and the rest are driving range. I don't know if Blue Pete's is still there but if it is you can get a great meal nearby. I get down to VA Beach a couple times a year, I'm glad I played it once but I probably won't make the drive back out there.

I guess I'll have to give this track another try since every review since mine has given it 3-4 discs. Hopefully the saplings have grown to force more shot shaping, I recall throwing straight at the target off most every tee. I'll give the long tees a look as this may add some obstacles. Others have correctly pointed out the steady breeze as a factor here. I'd call that as a pro since this is definitely part of learning the game. If you want calm you can always hit up Bayville ;-)