2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Very straight ahead layout most of the time. Very open so its hard to lose a disc and gives you a good opportunity to bomb some drives. A few shots where the pins are hidden. The back is definitely the better choice to play.
Cons: Signage, signage, signage. There was a complete lack of signs on the course. My friend and I basically would walk to a basket then spend a good 5 to 10 min trying to find the next tee spot(this is on the front 9)
Other Thoughts: All in all the back nine of this course was awesome! relatively easy to find your way through it and alot of fun shots thru the trees. Very needed shade if you are a summertime player. The front though definitely looks like they are working on it. So do not take my cons so hard, since it seems that soon they will be replacing the earth tees and i imagine replacing the signs at the sametime.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: 1. Wind can really force you to think about shot selection.
2. Going out on the first 5 holes of the front nine you are into the wind, then you come back with it, Drives can really get away from you.
Cons: 1. I played in January and the tees were mud. In the summer the course is barren and in the winter it can be slop. Spring and fall would be the best to play.
2. I used to sail on Laguna lake and the wind can be tremendous 20-30 mph winds are common. The day I played was no different. Bring your heavy destroyer to get through some of the longer holes.
3. Distances can be difficult to judge, much of the course is wide open with few trees, etc as reference points.
4. Pole targets (I hear they've been replaced) on the front nine are more difficult to hit especially in the wind.
5. I would prefer to play the back nine first and if the wind gets to you, take off.
Other Thoughts: I would go to Sinsheimer if you only had time to play one course in San Luis Obispo.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.