Newport, NH
Pinnacle Share
Uploaded By: Crazyguy Hole #16 (Taken 9/2009)

1 2 Next >
 good course

1    5/16/2010   5/17/2010
Review By: dukdukgolf
Pros: tight course with some length on a few holes. Loved the amount of trees and difficulty of the course. Several holes 16,18 come to mind are unique and fun to play. Very unforgiving course if you have bad shots but personally thats what makes it more fun. First time at the course and i hope to go back soon.
Cons: Only con id say is the older baskets. They have a few less chains than newer ones and i swear more puts skip out left and right with those. Maybe i just didnt putt well but i feel it better to blame the baskets.
Other Thoughts: worth the 2 hr trip,,,hope to go back soon.

Why all the praise?

2-4    4/24/2010   4/28/2010
Review By: Mergz
This review was updated on 1/14/2013
Pros: A nice course with decent baskes, placed at proper height. And this course provides a great physical work out and a beautiful walk in the woods.
Cons: Too many trees. I've played plenty of wooded courses but this one is crazy. There is not enough variety in hole layout. It seemed every tee or at least every other tee was faced with a wall of trees. I actually like courses with some wide open holes or at least some forgiving routes. If you throw a disc even slightly out of the narrow fairways, it's nearly impossible to recover a decent score.
Other Thoughts: Hole 1 is nice and hole 2 is interesting and there are a couple of open holes, but I don't see why all the praise for this course. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to play in the tournament and the first time at the course. I had a great time but I wouldn't drive that long to play there again, when I can drive a little less and play Maple Hill.

1/8/2013 Update - With development and improvement in my game, I now enjoy the challenges that this course provides.

my kind of course

1    10/12/2009   2/12/2010
Review By: Johnny Betts
Pros: Woods golf at its finest with different alley ways to the basket on many holes

Nice mix of left and right turning fairways

Great use of elevation
No crossing fairways or danger zones makes for a good tournament course

Good diversity in length of holes where distance and accuracy is needed. No pointless open holes without obastacles.

Overall a well thought out and designed course

I can't wait to defend my title at next years NEFA tournament!
Other Thoughts: Permanent tee pads would make this course even more enjoyable

The course is located in a school zone so be aware of that when you open a beverage....

Pinnacle

1    12/3/2009   12/8/2009
Review By: wpc3436
Pros: Well laid out course with plenty of trees and good uphill and downhill holes. Seems pretty quiet and sounds like crowds are not a problem.
Cons: Very few negatives if any.
Other Thoughts: I just began playing this summer and have played many courses in Colorado. Pinnacle was the first New England course that I've played, and I feel it's as good as anything out West, including Conifer. Holes 14-18 are amazing. I'll play this course whenever I come back East.

Great course

1    8/18/2009   9/19/2009
Review By: aboule13
Pros: I have to give this course a rating bump because I thought it was an excellent course. Great amount of elevation change, good use of landscape, and a couple of unique "signature" type holes made this a blast to play. I travel around New England looking for fun courses a couple times a year and I would suggest anyone doing the same would try this course.

I would say its a little more difficult than average, which I enjoy. I wouldnt expect to show up and shoot an under par round there on my first try.
Cons: First tee was hard to find. It is located exactly at the corner of the tennis court. I think there are some little maps there to help you on your way once you find it.
Other Thoughts: I had to resist the temptation to climb the skiing "long jump" ramp and throw discs off the top. Ive played courses with elevation change with that magnitude out west, and it never ended well for the disc.

Great Place

2-4    9/6/2009   9/8/2009
Review By: NH Disc Dude
This review was updated on 10/27/2010
Pros: Great trails, well marked holes. Free! Good course, I took two friends who had never played disc golf before and even with the tight fairways and many trees they both had a great time. I would play it weekly if i lived closer. Has HUGE potential with some more work.
Cons: Not for the impatient. Many a disc will find the trees even for more experienced players. But it makes each good shot that much more enjoyable. This course will make you a better golfer if you play it.
Other Thoughts: The tee boxes are pro distance but there are red and blue markers for intermediate and beginner. I met James, the builder/caretaker Great guy, if you see him out there take a minute to talk to him or even lend a hand.

Control Control Control

2-4    9/7/2009   9/7/2009
Review By: Crazyguy
Pros: Diversity in hole play and basket location, beautiful surroundings, many tight shots requiring great accuracy, Free, Easy to navigate once finding the first tee box next to the tennis courts, plays pretty quick even with not so great shooting.
Cons: sticks and brush on fairways(i'm picky), 2 hour ride from where I live(but well worth the trip)
Other Thoughts: Great course not an easy course thanks to a billion trees but it played fun and it will get better as it ages just like fine wine. Thank you James

5+    8/11/2009   8/11/2009
Review By: great white buffalo
This review was updated on 9/7/2010
Pros: Plenty of diversity on each hole. There are no two that are alike. Each hole has a "ideal" placement in the woods, meaning that you will not find one that does not feel like it belongs there. The signs are the typical block of wood made in shop class, they list the distances from all tees, and the pars. Four nice benches located at 2, 5, 10, and 14. I have birdied every hole but 13 and 14, so the possibility is there, but I have only two pars on 14 the 511 foot par 3. Trees are abundant here, and elevation change is constant. No problem navagating the course.
Cons: TREES TREES TREES TREES TREES TREE. There are lanes and there are fairways, big ones too, but most of the time even beautiful throws are snagged, snared, and pommeled by these frisbee killers. On your best day here your score card will still not reflect a good day golfing. Frustration is frequent here, but control is rewarded...slightly
Other Thoughts: this is now my home course since moving to the area, and it is the most difficult I have played other than Maple Hill. If you show up here be ready for a really nice course with a new obstacle for you to overcome on every hole. You will like the experience over all, just dont let the TREES get to you. There is not much I can think of that I would change here, not even thinning out the TREES

A future classic NE woods course?

5+    10/25/2008   11/16/2008
Review By: chairman63vt
This review was updated on 10/5/2009
Pros: Very challenging course w/ a good variety of fairways looping through a wooded hillside with some EXTREME elevation changes.
Indications of an active, well organized local club. This course will give you a good physical and technical workout, and offers some opportunities to open up and throw long.
Good signage and trail marking; I'd give it a positive FTF rating.
This course will definitely leave an impression on you!
Cons: Some of the tee pads are still dirt. This is likely to improve over time. This IS a very new course and still a little raw around the edges.
There is a network of multi-use trails on the Pinnacle; watch out for hikers, ATVs, Dirtbikes, Snowmobiles, etc.
Pars seem to be set for pros with no indication of amateur pars for the duffers and "weekend warriors" among us.
Other Thoughts: Several memorable holes, but THE signature hole would have to be #16, The Wall.
All in all this course has great potential, and is already one of the best public courses in the NH/VT twin state area. Look for this rating to improve in the future!

1 2 Next >