Oroville, CA
Riverbend Park - South Share
Uploaded By: sactoduck916 Hole #6 (Taken 11/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Worth the drive

1    7/12/2009   7/14/2009
Review By: DuBose
Pros: Nice mix of right and left shots. Both hooks and fades. Most pins are reachable for an intermediate player, but with a lot of small window fairways. All of the holes have GREAT pads stamped with the hole #. I think that almost all of the pads had some type of a bench to sit if needed and many had trash cans. The park itself had multiple bathrooms and a couple of really neat things to do with a family, including the Feather River, a small lake in the back and a really cool miniature rock climbing play area for little guys. We were there in the late morning and we never had to wait. The few people that we did see or talk to were very friendly.
Cons: MANY of the maps at the pad were missing. We had some trouble finding the next pad, but we did finally bump into some locals that were able to give us some direction. The main reason I didn't score this any better is because of all the underbrush. Just like the others mentioned, there is a LOT of tall grass and blackberries. If you get off the fairway at all you will be in it. We spent some time looking for disc, and it's not fun in shorts. I didn't see much poison oak except for hole #10, but that is the biggest patch that I have ever seen. DO NOT GO TO THE RIGHT ON HOLE 10, stay up on the levy or fall left.

Other Thoughts: I don't play very often due to a busy schedule, but I do enjoy traveling to play many different courses. There are some REALLY nice courses out there. This is a fun course to play and it is worth the trip, but I wouldn't put it in my top 5. I didn't notice on the main page that there were 2 courses here. We missed the turn on the dirt road and played the north course first. We were VERY disappointed. Luckily we bumped into someone that told us there was another course. I figured that had to be the one I was looking for. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CLOSELY, THEY ARE VERY ACCURATE, You want to make sure you play this course. The guy who told me about it hadn't even played it yet, he just knew it was there. I believe this course is a solid 3 disc rating, I only gave it a 3 hoping it will slide the overall down from the 4.

What a great crouse.

1    4/5/2009   4/5/2009
Review By: mprii
Pros: Very technical, but alot of fun. Pretty well marked. #10 is a bunch of fun! people are nice and helpfull.
Cons: Watch out for the poison Oak. The grass is very tall and it tis easy to lose a disc.
Other Thoughts: Cant wait get back there.

Oroville gem

5+    2/25/2009   3/2/2009
Review By: 916er
Pros: Pretty well marked, concrete tee pads, signs, trash cans, benches. The course is technical and I always have fun playing it. Not too crowded, and the people out there are always nice. Everyone is always helping each other find their discs.
Cons: Could be a little better marked, but it's pretty easy to still find your way around. People walking on the paths can make you wait on a few holes, but it's not crowded. It's pretty easy to lose a disc out there either in the brush or the river. Last week I saw a guy put 2 tee shots in the river back to back.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy this course, beacuse of the difficulty. The north course is much easier.

Great Course!

5+    2/16/2009   2/16/2009
Review By: Decoski
Pros: Creative, interesting, beautiful, elevation changes, well-maintained, has benches and trash cans, and fun.
Cons: Some fairways cross a popular walking path, so be careful before you throw! Also, course could use another long range shot and a big dogleg shot. Most fairways are too straight to the basket.
Other Thoughts: Course has improved from its beginnings. Much of the blackberry bushes and weeds have been removed, signs installed, and benches installed by the maintenance crew.

Best course to date

1    11/23/2008   11/24/2008
Review By: J.Koeberlein
Pros: Water, bathrooms, tables, benches, garbage cans. Long and challenging, moderately hilly very heavily wooded. You must hit your pathways! Difficult enough to make you want to play the course again. Nice setting and layout, with the feather river nearby. Cement tee-pads with embedded plaques giving hole numbers and dedications.
Cons: Signs were old and faded, could use improvement. We did get confused a few times. Stay on pathways.
Other Thoughts: We played both North and South courses as one long 36 hole course. It was unanimous by our club the "Sunday Drivers" to be the best course yet.

I liked it better than the North course

5/26/2008   5/27/2008
Review By: Matt_Kelly
Pros: Good mix of righty/lefty holes. ChainStar baskets. My dog loved it as well.
Cons: Blackberry and Poison Oak rough.

South Course

11/27/2007   1/11/2008
Review By: uofc2003
Pros: Challenging shots off the tee pad. Variety of types of holes.
Cons: Too many short holes (not that it led to an avalanche of birdies).
Other Thoughts: There's a fun fountain area for the kids in Riverbend Park for those hot summer days.

1 2 Next >