Macon, GA
Claystone Park Share
Uploaded By: whalaw Hole #1 (Taken 11/2010)
Hole #1 Blue Tee

Average Course

1    4/1/2010   4/5/2010
Review By: SteveHalsell
Pros: This is a quick play inside a park. Here are my highlights from my round:

- Took me about 60 minutes to play thr round. This is always great to have a quick game, or to get in 36 holes if desired.

- Easy to navigate the course. I never got lost or questioned where the next hole was.

- Even with short holes there is a good variety of hyzer and anhyzer shots.

- Good elevation changes at times for the holes. This makes for a thoughtful drive and approach.

- The course does wrap back into itself so you end where you started.

- Scenery was great at certain points in the course. There was a lake to view and the trees made a nice environment.
Cons: - No bathrooms or common area between the front and back 9 holes.

- The holes were a little too short at times.

- Hole 15 goes over water. I don't mind that it goes over water, but getting from the teepad to the disc after you throw it takes forever. This was a great concept for a hole, but poorly executed.

- If I am going to pay to play I expect a better course. This is a little different because you're paying ot get into the park, not to exclusively play disc golf, but still.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed my round at the course, but it was pretty forgettable. I have played worse courses, but this wasn't something I will go out of my way to play again.

A note on the other reviews, there was no disrepair on the course at all. I would not have known anything about storms or destruction if the other reviewers hadn't said anything. Asthetically, this is a nice course, but my rating comes down mainly due to course complexity and design.

1    5/31/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: mrpbody33
Pros: Course is located on beautiful park land that sits right on an equally beautiful lake. Although the course was a recent victim of some storm/tornado damage it has been repaired very well. All teepads are decent length considering the length of many of the holes. The holes also flow pretty naturally from one to another.
Cons: Hole 1-10 are all under 250 ft (with most being under 200 ft). The holes that do get longer all play near water. Hole 15 you have the option to throw across the water but the pad doesn't point in the direction of the hole.
Other Thoughts: Claystone Park is a good disc course for those players to learn the overhead shot or touch shots with their putter. The front nine is basically set up just for that. The back nine is where risk vs. reward comes into play. While it is fairly easy to par out the back nine holes a risky shot might earn you tough to get birdie. Fairly easy to shoot in the 40s on this course.