Blackfoot, ID
Blackfoot DGC Share
Uploaded By: troyskeen Hole #8 (Taken 8/2009)
Hole #8 Approach: Basket in the trees

Hometown

5+    12/27/2010   12/29/2010
Review By: pacatak
Pros: I like the simplicity, its not always a bad thing and getting a good score helps with the confidence.

Well Marked. Easy to find holes.

Nice location. by a lake and river bottoms
Cons: Easy now that they removed the trees.

Other Thoughts: I've played this for years. Love the location, probalby the first place I played Disc golf.

We recently played in the winter. Our discs flew far and skipped off the snow.

getting better

5+    9/9/2009   11/9/2009
Review By: fiya79
Pros: easy to navigate, close to me, lots of stuff to do in the park, some interesting shots.
Cons: Terrible, terrible tee pads. throw from the grass. Lots of trees were removed circa 2006 and really made the course super easy. baskets don't catch well.
Other Thoughts: tons of trees were planted in 2008, a sprinkler system was installed and maintenance has improved. Inn 5-10 years this course could be tough! still worth playing during a 30 minutes break on a road trip or as part of a family outing to swim or boat.

Hey...it's something to throw at w/extras

5+    8/16/2009   8/17/2009
Review By: troyskeen
Pros: Ok....so this is Blackfoot Disc Golf Course at Jensen's Grove in Idaho. The course was clearly added without too much worry about technical difficulty, or maybe they did. The course is very small; it's a 9 hole course with the longest hole being #8 at 341. The funny thing is that this course really only has 2 holes that are semi-technical and #8 is one of them. Ok...so I have shanked a driver onto the freeway on my first big throw of the day a couple of months ago. I'm a guy that can appreciate simple and this course is definitely simple. I love it because I can be there from my home/office in 5 minutes and I can rush through the course in about a half an hour. It's a great "take a break" course. Another big plus for this course in the summer is that the park has more to offer like the reservoir, playgrounds, a skate park and such. It's pretty darned good for a small town park.
Cons: It's quite short. The tee pads are deteriorated asphalt.
Other Thoughts: I'm not experienced enough to complain about the baskets. They seem to work for me, but if you're an ol' pro and really serious about the game, you may not like them, but then again...if that's the case, you don't belong on this course.