Madisonville, KY
Uploaded By: ambroze Hole #10

Amazing Course

5+    11/18/2012   11/20/2012
Review By: Pillsbury778
Pros: For a first time player this course is a great one for a new player. A lot of long holes. Gives you a good chance to find out what your discs will really do. Whenever I get a new disc I love to play here simply because if I have a new disc I go out in the huge fields they have there and throw it a couple of different ways. It also gives a new comer to the sport a good way to learn how their disc will fly when it is thrown a certain way. You will also find out what style you want to throw. Side-arm or backhand, jump putts, putting style. I have a friends that is beast at turbo putting. We call him Turbo Travis. He can hit one no matter what the distance and he practiced all of his putting there at Madisonville. That's also where I go to practice my putting, and I tell you what it really helped me when it came to putting in tournaments. I have improved my game so much playing at Madisonville. I love playing there. The Madisonville pro shop and City Council are actually talking about putting 2 more courses in there so that we can bring more people for the Tourney they have each year. The touney has grown every year, and in the past 2 years. We have had 7 different National Series pros come to the tourney in all. They have come here and destroyed, but i watched them after my round one day this year, and it was very amazing to watch them play and hit the gap like it was nothing. The worst hole I saw from them was hole 12 down the hill. David Feildberg threw and nicked a tree and kicked so far away, and came back and got a 4. He was very upset and then the next hole he got a 365 ft deuce off a lucky tree hit. Wish i recorded it. I was amazing. best shot i have seen in my life. Anyways, I think that for a new comer to come to this tourney next year would be a great experience for them. I would show them so much to just to be around the great atmosphere the tourneys bring. I have honestly never seen a mad person at a tourney, and even if they did get mad, they would soon after apologize. I have done it many times. The last tourney I went to I was on my way to the hole I was starting one and had to walk all the way back to the score chart to see what card I was on cause they changed it 2 times. When I finally figured out what card I was on I stomped off all mad and at the end of that round I went to the tourney director and apologized for what I did. It is such a great environment at a disc golf tourney. Great people and great times. I have gone to so many tourneys in the past few year and have never payed out and have still had the time of my life. I love the people that I see at tourneys. Great people and I love every moment I have ever played disc golf. Disc golf is my life. I will play disc golf until I loose both my limbs and can't walk. I will never stop playing.
Cons: Absolutley NO CONS!!
Other Thoughts: Amazing place to play in the winter.

MUST PLAY

5+    11/12/2011   11/17/2011
Review By: pTelli
Pros: Best corse I've played. The course has it all. Hole 1 is a straightforward par 3 that will lull you into thinking the course is a piece of cake if you've never played it. After that, better bring your big-boy arm for this long course that has everything. Some holes will challenge your distance while others will test your technical skills with obstacles and doglegs in both directions. Pack every disc. The two major water hazards have alternate boxes, and you will probably use them unless you are very confident with your distance and control. The front 9 skirts a big beautiful lake and takes you through a mature pine stand. The back 9 takes you through a mature hardwood stand. Many trees were lost during the ice storm of '09, but a recent grant has allowed the park to replant hundreds of trees. Some of the trees lost decreased the difficulty of a few of the holes, but overall the course came out unscathed. Fill up your water bottles at the cooler on hole 12 thanx to the local cub scout troop who built an enclosure for it. If you throw in the drink, wade in the water at your own risk - large snapping turtles. Thanx to HB Clark for designing this beautiful course. Top tier tourney held here every year in June. Had 110 players this year. MUST PLAY!
Cons: nope

One of the Best Courses out there!!

1    1/3/2009   1/5/2009
Review By: ambroze
Pros: Scorecards, great tee pads, excellent signs & baskets, water shots, beautiful scenery and well-positioned pin placement. What else is there? This course has it all except for maybe a bunch of short easy holes. Hole #7 & #8 will definitely challenge any player if played from the Pro tee pad. This is a disc golfer's paradise for sure.
Cons: Honestly none to speak of directly against the course. I just wish it were closer to my house since I live over 100 miles away.
Other Thoughts: If you are looking for a new course to play and you want to be challenged but also struck by a gorgeous course, then this is the course for you. Bring your long arm because you'll need it considering the average hole length combined for the entire course is over 405 feet.