Conifer, CO
Beaver Ranch Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #8 (Taken 8/2008)
Bench at #8

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Great

1    7/26/2015   7/30/2015
Review By: ABosco26
Pros: Beautiful course, well maintained. The views are unbelievable. Very easy to find the holes and tee boxes.

There is a variety of challenges, whether its distance, trees, water, change in elevation. This course does a great job of mixing it up and keeping it challenging.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Play this course. Well worth the $8 a day.

Epic Mountain Course

1    6/6/2015   7/8/2015
Review By: SteLaG
Pros: Gorgeous mountain course that pretty much has everything you could ask for in a disc golf course. Has lots of downhill bombs where you can really let your disc fly. Also has a good mix of technical holes that offer a lot of risk and reward. The course is really not too far from the Denver Metro Area and is well worth the trip.
Cons: They charge $8.00 for a day pass. The course is well worth the money, but I'm pretty sure it was only $5.00 previous years. As far as the course goes there are really no cons.
Other Thoughts: I'm hoping that they are charging more to put more money into the course. It did look like there was staff working on something in the woods I can only guess it would be more holes. It would be really nice if they bumped the number of holes up to 27.

1    5/26/2015   6/4/2015
Review By: lineenil
Pros: Beaver Ranch truly is the best of the best. Went there for vacation and was absolutely blown away. Mountain disc golf at it's best.

-An amazing pro shop. Bought a disc and a tee-shirt. Very cool.
-23 holes was the perfect amount. For an out of towner, I can't lie, I was starting to be short of breath from the altitude by the end of it. Seems like the land was used optimally and for the beast of a course it was, the extra 5 holes were perfect and did not feel tacked on at all.
-Would have paid the entrance fee just for the hike and views. Beautiful.
-Specifically holes 7 and 8 were spectacular. Very steep elevation drops allow for some absolutely bombs on a calm day. I almost threw my whole bag into those fields.
-Incredible design outside of those two holes as well. I found myself having load of fun on every hole, even if I was just hitting trees.
Cons: -Holes 13 and 14 were nothing more than a straight, steep hike back up the mountain. Understandable for the terrain, but annoyingly simple uphill shots non-the-less.
-Be ready for a hike as others have said. I was ready and excited for it, so not necessarily a con for me
-Not free, but again, not really a con. Entirely worth it- heck, buy some of their merch while you're at it! Fantastic course.
Other Thoughts: Can't say much bad. I only wish I lived in Colorado so I could play it more frequently. Loved the visit!!!

This course blows...

1    9/6/2014   5/26/2015
Review By: sillybizz
Pros: My mind! haha see what I did there?!

Beaver ranch has just about everything that you need to enjoy a course not just for today but for years to come. Terrain change (dirt to grass and back e.g.) and elevation change are used frequently to make shot selection and disc placement more challenging and of course who doesn't enjoy a big downhill throw?!

Finding and playing the course is easy with directional markers guiding you along the way although most tee pads are close enough and pathways are defined enough that even without the next tee signs you would probably do alright.

Variety here is abundant between throwing up or on the side of the hill through semi tight wooded lines to the more open medium bomber big downhill throws that make this course so fun. Add to that the multiple pin placements on the course and you could play here several times and have a different experience/result each time.

I love the tee signs and the awesome wooden benches which are difficult to vandalize I think or maybe it's just too hard of a walk for vandals and they destroy things at ground level, who knows.

I love that the local club wasn't afraid to go against the grain and make this course 23 holes. So many times course designers try to get an exact number (usually 9,18 or 27) of holes in the course when the land provided does not allow for this while still having great holes. I'd rather have 23 awesome holes rather then cramming in 27 and losing something.

Zipline people (zipliners?) are crazy!
Cons: Multiple basket locations are great for mixing it up and keeping the course fresh and interesting for multiple skill levels but at the same time if you're coming in from out of town/state and likely will only play the course once you might feel like you missed something if you didn't get to play them all.

There isn't a hole out here that I didn't like and I think I would hard pressed to take any out but some variety in par would be great, unfortunately this would require removing holes and I don't think that would be a wise move.

Some people hate dirt pads I guess. I love natural pads, actually carpet is my favorite. Concrete is hard on my knees and ankles and is much more permanent and hard to remove, especially on the top or side of a mountain so I'm glad they stayed with dirt.
Other Thoughts: Just like Upshawt1979 said in his review I also took this trip with my dad. We played all of the awesome courses in the area. He is in his late 50's and weighs close to 300 pounds but was able to play Beaver Ranch, Phantom Falls, Bucksnort and Bailey on consecutive days, with proper hydration and resting of course. My point is stop whining about hills and get your butt up here and play!

Wish this was Home

1    4/27/2015   4/27/2015
Review By: Esiersdale
Pros: The course deserves minimum 4 stars for the views alone. Having a disc shop on site with used discs for first timers or travelers with small suitcases adds another .5. Then the golf, tight New England fairways coupled with wide open Texas style shots makes this the best of both worlds.
Cons: Challenges your game with extreme elevation changes, heavy Rocky Mountain winds, and the fatigue caused on your legs.

Best Disc Golf experience in Colorado

5+    9/27/2014   9/28/2014
Review By: yondermtn
This review was updated on 9/30/2014
Pros: Best disc golf experience in Colorado! Beaver Ranch has it all; Great 23 hole Course, Putting Course and Pro Shop. Course has large concrete tee pads that have bag hooks and brooms. Tee pads also have log benches and good hole signage. Course utilizes several mando's off the tee pads and has a great layout making players use every shot in their bag. Course is heavily wooded and hilly-Plan on watching your disc roll downhill at least once! Pro Shop sells discs, gear and clothing. They also have food and drinks available-credit cards accepted!!! Putting Course was a blast and served as a good warm up and cool down.
Cons: Getting busy with players, it is no longer a hidden gem. The word is out!

So glad I played

1    8/16/2014   8/17/2014
Review By: LeftyMcGee
Pros: Eveything. I have really only played wide open courses. This was such a great challenge. I'm a beginner/intermeduate player and this challenged me and the friends I played w on every shot. Great hike. Great course design and challenging layout. Never had to second guess or walk the hole to find the pin No litter. Friendly people. 1st time playing a mountain course, and I'm hooked!
Cons: It's a mountain course...I rolled over a 2 hour old new disk on hole 3 and it went down the hill and couldn't be found.
Other Thoughts: With a course of this caliber so close to denver (and the other great courses nearby that I've heard about) I'll definitely be burning the gas and spending a lot more time here!

Trees galore and elevation change to boot.

2-4    8/8/2014   8/9/2014
Review By: himPickle
Pros: Complete signage, 23 concrete tee pads, lots of mulch spread out in wet areas makes walking the course pleasant, lots of trees to throw trough uphill tunnels and some open and long double mando holes. Great day of play by any ones standards. 9 hole putting game course at base will test the best. Try your hand at an ace run for $1 entry fee gets you two throws, and an ace gets you $40 pro shop credit. Friendly pro shop for food, beaver ranch stamped discs, all your disc golf essentials. Right off the main hwy 285s.
Cons: No night golf, Mountain Loins the size of small ponies have been spotted on the course around dusk.
Other Thoughts: This place is a must play, you will not be disappointed.

JUST DO IT

5+    7/26/2014   7/28/2014
Review By: MIkeyMikeCO
Pros: JUst go play the course. It is worth every penny.
Cons: The only con I can think of is I wish my legs could handle playing 2 rounds back to back.
Other Thoughts: What a great course and full of all the stuff that make spaying for a course worth it. Just do it!

Fantastic Course!

1    6/23/2014   6/28/2014
Review By: ACE Ventura
Pros: This well maintained course has everything you could ever want from a mountain-based course. The layout was very well done; taking advantage of the intense elevation changes and the wonderful pine forest. It's also the only course in this little area of Colorado you don't need to book a tee time to play.

The key elements to the course are all in great shape: the cement teepads, the baskets, the manicured fairways. It's all good. Each teepad has incredible maps and pictures that show the multiple pin locations and the current pin location. Also there is a broom and bag hook at most, if not all of the holes.

The course is designed to challenge you on every hole, requiring many technical shots to be performed. Hopefully you're good with playing in some gusty winds, it can really tamper with your flights.

I suppose I should mention the scenery as well. You'll find yourself taking pictures or hanging out on one of the many benches just to take it in.

Also, there is what appears to be a fairly new feature at the pro shop: there is a 7 hole Putting course. There are rules explaining the game, but basically it's 3 putts at each basket from 3 different spots, each spot is worth different points. If you don't want to play for points, it makes for some excellent warm up putting before tackling the course.
Cons: VERY minor cons...

A couple holes had teepads/ fairways close to each other, but when I was there the course was fairly barren so it wasn't an issue.

Not really a con, but be mindful that you are playing on a mountain and there are a few holes with HIGH roll away factors. The second to last hole especially, the hillside is quite steep and if your disc gets rolling you might just want to kiss it bye-bye.
Other Thoughts: I have a few thoughts to share...

1) Wear good shoes! Preferably hiking shoes. This course is quite long and has TONS of climbs and descends to make. Which brings me to thought #2....

2) Take it slow and easy! This is not a course to rush through. Enjoy nature and take breaks if need be. Don't forget, you are playing a course that is at over 8000 FEET in elevation. Unless you live here and are acclimated, there is less oxygen and it will tire you out quicker.

3) BRING WATER! I drained almost 2 liters of water just playing one round, if it was any warmer I'd have been a thirsty dog.

I LOVED this course and will definitely be back on my next trip to Colorado. I would do nothing to change it.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8