Conifer, CO
Beaver Ranch Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #3 (Taken 8/2008)

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >
 Squeeze Play

1    11/1/2008   11/1/2008
Review By: TalbotTrojan
Pros: This course is located in a very beautiful place and is extremely challenging. At the same time it is so much fun to play. As it is a relatively new course the baskets are in great condition. There are multiple pin locations on every hole. I noticed that holes 17 & 20 had two baskets set up so that you could challenge yourself or take it easy. There are a few holes with alternate tees as well. Manditory Objects are well marked and described on the sign by the tees.
Cons: I would venture a guess that it is impossible to play this course without hitting trees all over the place. The tee boxes are dirt and very make shift at this point though I also happen to think that the logs used to mark the tee boxes on most holes adds to the character of the course.
Other Thoughts: I tried playing this course without a map and it was rather tricky. Some of the early tee boxes made me feel like I was throwing from in a hole but I began to view that as a challenge. I nearly lost a disc after hitting a tree on one hole but had help to find it. There is a bit of a walk to the first tee but I thought it was nice. If you want to avoid the walk to the first tee, you can drive up beyond the parking lot where you are supposed to park and find the second trail that you can see on the course map and take that up to hole 11 or 12 and start there.

Fun in the mountains

2-4    8/6/2009   10/19/2008
Review By: Fritz
This review was updated on 9/1/2009
Pros: Great views, some great holes and a great challenge. The pin placements are amazing and they did a good job of making holes that are challenging, but not a clowns mouth.
Cons: Tee pads need work, which is why I can't give this course a 5 rating. When I played the course, I almost rolled my ankle in the soft teepad dirt.
The walk from the parking lot kind of long.
Other Thoughts: Love this course. If you want to play good mountain golf, you must play this course.
But be careful with the natural teepads.

Top 5 Colorado Mountain Courses

5+    7/9/2008   10/9/2008
Review By: Mr. C
This review was updated on 4/1/2010
Pros: I give this course an ultimate rating because I've played every mountain course in Colorado and this is one of the best. The overall appearance of Beaver Ranch is amazing. You literally play in a forest with abundant wildlife and views. The acreage would be worth millions to a developer. The playability and design has excellent score variability. Hit a gap get a birdie, miss a gap and hello bogie or worse. No lead is safe. At the same time, the work and love that's been done and continues to be done, from huge t-boxes, lavatory facilities, benches, benching, has been well thought out. I'm told pros Mike Randolph and Koz helped design it, so if you have a big arm you won't be disappointed. Big Air on the signature hole! If you don't find this course unbelievable, in my opinion, stay in the flatlands..
Cons: Some reviewers have downgraded the course because of the 10 minute walk to the first tee. To me, this is like complaining that walking ten minutes in a mountain valley is a bummer. Use the time to get loose and prepare yourself. Practice your putts, approaches and drives. This course starts with a tight tree, in your face, uphill hole. Be prepared.
Other Thoughts: Because of the high rating and usage; I believe concrete pads are in order. This is a change of thought, but they do get a bit bumpy.

Great Mountain Course - Challanging

5+    8/26/2008   8/29/2008
Review By: AVenta
Pros: This is my home course. I probably play it 2-3 times a week. Very scenic and private....not lined with homes. Great Hike...while playing disc golf. This course is challenging! The first 3 holes feel as though your playing straight up hill. Up and down after that. Lots and Lots of trees. Some of the holes are extremely tight (#8 & #14) Others give you the ability to let it rip and watch your disc fly (#16 & 17) You need to be very accurate on may holes....so shot an disc selection is key. You will be shooting up hills and down hills. You really need to maximize scoring opportunities when you can on this course. Because with all those trees and hills the bogey's are looming.
Cons: The parking lot is about a 10 minute walk to the first tee. about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Don't let that deter you though...the course is worth it. I just wish the parking was a bit closer. But if you look at it as a hike with some great disc golf, your golden. It all in your attititude right?

Watch the fligh path of your discs on this course. It can be very easy to loose a disc with all the trees, bushed and under brush. I have spent up to 15 minutes looking for errant shots.
Other Thoughts: I've cruised through this course by myself in about 1 1/2 hours...about 2 1/2 with a 4 some is about average.

Beautiful Well Maintained Mountain Course

5+    10/17/2008   7/26/2008
Review By: McMarkD
This review was updated on 10/17/2008
Pros: Requires every disc in your bag. Missed putts can roll way down hill! You have to consider wind and terrain on every hole. Lots of tight wooded shots. Extreemly fun Mountain course close to Denver! Multiple pin locations and some benches on the course! 10/8/08 Lots of the brush has been cleaned out, the nasties of the 13 pin has been completed. Several new benches have been added! All for the "Fall Classic" 10/17/08 Even more benches added. Slash removed from more holes giving it a lot cleaner look! Bathroom at top of mountain cleaner! Favorite mountain course
Cons: Print a course map before the first time you play this. The holes are well marked, but hiking at altitude can wear you out! Large spruce trees can eat discs. My complaint is that I don't have $2000 to be a hole sponser to get a bench with my name on it to rest my egg sucking lungs on the 3rd Tee!
Other Thoughts: 1st Three holes are straight up the Mountain! 17 is a great open downhill shot! It took me 2.5 hours to play.

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >