Conifer, CO
Beaver Ranch Share
Uploaded By: ponto11 Hole #1 (Taken 5/2009)
Hole #1 Fairway

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
Disc golf Heaven!

2-4    5/7/2013   5/14/2013
Review By: Mooser81
Pros: This is a must for all disc golf players, whether you are a pro or simply a beginner! Bring your best hiking shoes, water and patience as the course begins straight up the mountain and is challenging from first to last!
Cons: That we didn't find it sooner
Other Thoughts: Do it! With many similar courses charging upwards of $20, this is well worth the challenge every time!

My favorite course of all time!!

5+    4/20/2013   5/3/2013
Review By: ttuff
This review was updated on 6/19/2013
Pros: This course is wonderful in nearly every way. Great design, great scenery, great maintenance, and well spaced so you don't notice the neighboring holes. This course takes several hours to play and includes a great deal of hiking and punishment for errant throws. Trash cans (seasonally) and benches at every tee box and wood-chip greens around many baskets. Go play this course today!
Cons: A great course and skilled advertising means that development is booming at Beaver Ranch. It's great that so many people are enjoying the area but the land managers seem to be struggling to properly manage that growth. There is a zipline popular with tourist and social groups that can often overcrowd the area and highlight the lack of permanent toilets or proper parking lots. The course is accessible from two locations (not officially) and many people start on the back half to save themselves the walk to hole one. This tends to cause massive backups and tee-box lines as these people squeeze themselves into the normal flow of play of groups that started at hole 1. Dogs have always been a wonderful addition to this course but the crowds of people can often lead to crowds of dogs and subsequent conflicts between dogs.
Crowded is the name of the game these days. Unfortunately, the area is not set up to handle the traffic properly so you can often find yourself frustrated with the park or with people around you. I think the Beaver ranch land managers are going to spend a lot of time thinking about these problems over the next couple years and I hope they can pursue long-term development and revenue planning rather than chasing the short-term payouts given by fad attractions (e.g. zipline, ropes course, alpine slide, etc.). This place is too wonderful, please don't let this become Heritage Square.

Conifer Park review

1    8/31/2012   4/5/2013
Review By: Burd
Pros: Amazing scenery at this course and elevation changes are great also. Definitely a course for more experienced throwers due to the amount of trees and hiking involved. One of the best, cleanest, and most upkept courses I've played to date.
Cons: A bit of a walk to hole 1 that isn't very well explained on signs for people new to the course. But maps of the course available right when you walk in help.

My first love...

2-4    7/14/2012   1/29/2013
Review By: Dirty D
Pros: -big up and down shots
-clean
-not crowded
-beautiful basket & benches
Cons: None - I need more oxygen cans next time
Other Thoughts: This was my 3rd time playing the course but 1st time playing completely. The course is beautiful and in great shape. Hole #17 is my favorite next time ill have to try Basket 'E' Why are you still reading this? Go Throw!

Love them Mountains

1    10/15/2012   10/17/2012
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Amazing foothill/mountain scenery. Everywhere you look there are mountains, trees, rock structures. Fresh mountain air.
-Lots of elevation makes for a challenging round.
-Fast and challenging greens.
-Multiple pin positions on every hole. Up to 5 per hole.
-Some breathtaking downhill shots, it is fun to throw that far without too much effort.
-Its proximity to Magic Meadow, Phantom Falls, and Bailey. I don't know of a better destination.
-A perfect amount of trees/rough. This course takes awhile to play but it isn't because you are looking for discs.
-I liked the Disc In baskets. Similar to Innovas but the slanted top makes for more high shots going in.
-Working on concrete tees, the natural ones aren't bad either
-Signage is great. Has par, distance, and possible pin placements with a real picture of the hole.
-The course is really easy to find, near the town of Conifer.
-Benches on every hole, you might need to use them here and there.
-Maps and bathroom at parking lot.
-Foothill Flyers put a lot of work in here.
-Bag hangers keep your bags off the dusty mountain ground.
Cons: -If you're out of shape, this will be hard. Lots of hiking up and down hills at 8000+ feet.
-If you're not the best, this will get frustrating.
-There was at least one hole that I thought luck played more of a factor than skill in that pin position.
-The walk to the first tee isn't too bad but the course is long! They should make a parking lot closer to hole 1.
-Great courses can be crowded.
-I wouldn't mind a few more ace runs- I think there may have been a lot more in the shorter pin positions.
Other Thoughts: One of the main complaints I have seen against this course is the lack of longer holes/par 4s and 5s. When I played, all pins were in "C" position and some of the holes were pretty long. It was plenty challenging for me. This course is pay to play which I feel is a good thing but due to varying opinions on the topic I didn't put it into the pros or cons. This course keeps you interested and on your toes. It was a blast and I can't wait to get down and play it again.

throwin plastic in the woods!

5+    0/0/0000   10/15/2012
Review By: ryanbutel
This review was updated on 10/23/2012
Pros: This course is My favorite course in Colorado a hands down must play! Its quite peaceful out in these mountains just relaxing and throwing some plastic. Wish I lived in Conifer just to play this course on a daily basis! The Tee pads are getting cemented!!! Which makes for better footing and grip also more consistant accurate and power throws. This is one of the more challenging couses in colorado which I love!!!
Cons: 3$ to play but who's complaining?
Other Thoughts: legit course! a must play

Superb mountain course with tons of balance and beautiful "look"- I just wish it had a water hazard!

1    9/12/2011   9/19/2012
Review By: superberry
Pros: The scenic beauty of this course was great. The remote and peaceful setting is what put me in a great state of mind and set my mood off right. I didn't see another group the entire time (was playing on a Monday morning though). The balance is excellent and the variety is just about as good (just lacking some good water hazards). Left, right, straight, uphill, downhill, across hill, and good varying distances all balance out this top notch, fun to play course. There are 2-3 pin placements on most holes, so do some scouting and experience the variety, and most of the A-pins appear to offer great ace runs for most players. I'd love to live here so I could play all the different variations more often. The sloping terrain offers great risk/reward punishment for shanked drives that sail away without control, and botched putts that roll away. Once on top of the hill you are treated to some amazing vistas across the tops of the treelines. Despite the feel that you're playing up and down a hill under the pines, the rolling meadow up top offers the balance I crave and gets you out of a pure 'mountain course' frame of mind by offering some room to air it out, and take in some beautiful views. Memorable holes are so many I had to start making notes and keeping a list. #13 has a picturesque 'mini-meadow' landing zone with an upshot to a risky mound green. #17 is a great downhill bomber that is actually more controllable and beautiful than the last hole. It offers 5 pin placements with D being the best for a blue level player. After pegging the pole on a skipped first drive, I stood on the tee and unloaded my bag with multiple ace runs. The huge downhill 600' bomber is a tad too tight (visually to see your landing or watch shanked drives sail away), but nonetheless a breathtaking hole with a great shot opportunity. There are mandos on 13, 15, 16 that add to the variety and uniqueness. I don't mind the long walk to the first hole. It's needed to get past the zipline area and it gives you a chance to warm up prior to walking straight uphill for the first three holes! There is a bathroom up on top by hole 14.
Cons: Just one teepad on most holes is a huge con, but I understand they are probably hard to access up there to build more. It's my personal preference to have nice short recreational tee available for a wider range of players (for example bringing a noob, wife, kids, etc to also be able to experience this great course). Lack of a good true water hazard eliminates the absolute variety I crave in courses, but the elevation here offers the huge downhill bomber that most courses simply do not have the terrain for. #14 Cpin is mostly a junk crapshoot through some aspen or birch trees, I'd love to see the local route.
Other Thoughts: I was travelling for work, and made it a point to leave early and fly on Sept 11, despite the rantings and crying of my wife, so I could get there a day early and play Conifer and Phantom Falls. I unpacked my usual bag taking more lighter and understable plastic due to previous high elevation throwing experience I had, and I dismantled my wife's smaller mini-revo bag and jammed it all into a bag to check at the airline (I did find room for a few other work clothes, but they took a backseat to my disc golf priorities on this business trip). I had been in contact with Paulie from Phantom Falls and he tried to warn me about the dirty 56, but it made no difference because I was going to get these courses in. I landed late Sunday night, drank a bunch at CB & Potts to allow me to sleep despite all my excitement, and I was still up by 6am, ready to head out and play Conifer. I finished the 20 holes here, and proceeded to head to Phantom Falls, the dirty 56 were no issue at all, it felt good to stretch after the flight and a hungover sleepless morning . This course alone is worth the drive from the metro area and an outstanding tough, balanced, beautiful, and challenging course. I hear plans are in place for another 18-20 holes and OMG will that yield a ton more variety and fun! Hopefully some water can be found to bring into play, but I'm sure the creative minds will put together something to please everyone. There are ziplines and tons of great hiking at this park too.

Fun and challenging mountain course

5+    8/16/2012   8/20/2012
Review By: EvergreenJC
Pros: Great course design and this course will require a lot of shot making. A good mix of short ace holes and a few bomber holes. This used to be my favorite course and has potential to be even better than it already is.
Cons: The tee boxes are poorly maintained, who am I kidding they aren't maintained at all.

There's an often less than chipper ranger that will hunt you down for your $3, even if you've already paid he'll want to check.
Other Thoughts: A good course and the design is awesome. However, whoever is collecting the money on this course is NOT putting it back into the course.

I recommend going down the road to Bailey DGC or Mountain Meadows DGP. At both the fees are put directly back into the course.

beautiful and challenging

1    8/18/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: joeharker
Pros: great mountain view
very well kept
excellent layout
clear where to find next tee
diverse challenges
from tree dodging, to open long bomb, to crazy elevation challenges
Cons: missing the fairway can cause some brutal rollers down the hills

1    8/16/2012   8/16/2012
Review By: bobmcnelly
Pros: Great course, huge tee pads, great signs that show alt positions, distance and maps. The course has the best variety of shots I've ever seen. Huge distance shots and tight tree shots, huge elevation change. Huge course that makes you feel like your in a different world.
Cons: Theres about a 3/4 of a mile walk to the first tee pad. I would like to see some stairs put in on some of the steeper parts. I really wish they had concrete or rubber tee pads.
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses I've ever played, they just need some practice baskets along the hike in to make it feel a little more accessible.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15