Conifer, CO
Beaver Ranch Share
Uploaded By: andylibrande Hole #18 (Taken 10/2011)

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
 One of the best Colorado courses!

1    10/5/2009   10/5/2009
Review By: ryyedogg
This review was updated on 5/24/2011
Pros: Beautiful course in Conifer that offers a great challenge for any player. Large, natural teepads allow for comfortable drives out of the box. Every hole has a nice sign and post with hooks to hang your disc bag. Just about every hole is hilly and requires hitting a tight gap to reach the goal. This course poses a unique challenge that requires accuracy, but this makes it very enjoyable. Multiple pin locations give the course diversity and varying difficulty. Great location for a beautiful course, since it is far from populated cities and makes you want to go camping!
Cons: I am exhausted after a round here because of the steep hills throughout the course. This really isn't much of a con, for it makes a good hiking experience as well. There is not really any place to get water on the course, so bring your own.
Other Thoughts: Amazing course that any avid disc golfer would appreciate. I just wish it was closer to me so I could play it more often! One of my favorite courses.

Absolutley Awesome!

1    10/4/2009   10/4/2009
Review By: hevyevie
Pros: Beautiful scenery! Gorgeous mountainous terrain like no other! Very clean also. Not too challenging at the short pin location but could very easily be with several pin locations available. Great tee signage with actual pictures of where basket is/should be.
Cons: Holy hiking batman! It's said that it's a half mile walk to the first pin...I had a hard time believing that! More like a mile solid! And after that the first 3 holes go straight up 600 ft.! Not easy for a slacker living in MI and not used to the lack of oxygen! Natural tee pads but hardly a con since they are so well cared for.
Other Thoughts: I would love to have the opportunity to come back and play this fabulous course again in the future! Other than getting mixed up and not being able to find hole 1 for the first hour there it was a GREAT experience and would do it again ANY DAY! Expect a solid hiking session and plan accordingly!

Amazing!

2-4    9/28/2009   9/29/2009
Review By: SkiBum
Pros: Almost everything.
-Great layout
-Awesome baskets
-Signs, and bag holders
-Benches at most T boxes
Cons: Concrete T pads could be nice other than that its hard to think of ways to improve this course
Other Thoughts: Only wish this course was closer to home.

I don't deserve to live so close to this place!

1    9/17/2009   9/19/2009
Review By: gravitysesh
Pros: Let's see:
- multiple pin placements on each hole and the guys who run the course are very active with changing pin placements.
-not as crowded as other popular front range courses.
- best pins/baskets I have ever seen! I think they are custom.
- signature hole 17 is epic!
- excellent mix of elevation, distance, and obstacles.
- great facilities and community.
- nice tee boxes with pictures and distances posted. They've done a lot to dig out the boxes, but natural material erodes and makes for some uneven and bumpy pads.
Cons: Some people complain about the half mile walk in. If you're that big of a slacker, Tiger Woods Golf on the Nintendo Wii has a disc golf mode. (It is actually kinda fun, but I will deny ever saying that if asked)

If they somehow improved the actual pad surface, this would be a 5 for sure! Don't get me wrong- they are actually pretty nice pads for natural, but that was from the sweat of those who volunteered to dig.
Other Thoughts: This is my favorite course in Colorado. I have played almost all public courses in the front range and all the lift-accessed courses I can think of. I hear some private courses come close, but I can't imagine what a better one looks like!

First time. Unreal!

1    9/8/2009   9/9/2009
Review By: nathankendall
Pros: This is where you learn how to play the game. Concentration and skill is an absolute must. It was my first time playing on the course, and I'm happy with being bolgie every hole. +17. yeah I'm proud of that. Dave hit an ACE, and claimed at least 2 hundo in cash. I'm stoked to return on Tuesday. Thanks guys!
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: Always brings shoes!

Why didn't I play sooner

1    9/5/2009   9/6/2009
Review By: tmigchel
This review was updated on 1/4/2010
Pros: Great mountain settings-
Holes laid out very well with very cool fairways-
Signs in excellent condition-
Pretty easy to navigate-
Great mix of long/ short and unique holes-
Cool baskets that are marked well-
Not overgrown, but nature seemingly unaltered
Smoke huts and restrooms along the course blend well
Cons: I can't really think of any, maybe the half mile walk in, but be prepared to walk/ hike if your playing this course anyway so I guess its almost perfect
Other Thoughts: Wow. I can't believe how long I have lived here without making it out to Beaver Ranch. It is spectacular. Exactly what I am looking for in a course. Close to Denver and heavily wooded which you don't find in the Denver courses except maybe Blair Witch 9. Bring a camera and good shoes. Lots of elevation changes. Nearly perfect course, get there.

Sweet Mountain Course

2-4    8/28/2009   9/2/2009
Review By: ibgollie
This review was updated on 9/7/2009
Pros: -Great tee signs
-Fantastic design & layout
-Best mountain & woods course I have played
-Cool baskets, never seen those type before they're like a blend of Mach 5s and Disccatchers
-Very easy navigation
-Multiple pins can provide a large swing of difficulty. I played the front in all longs and the back was mostly short pins, but I was able to see the longer pins and this course could be very tough.
-Very technical, didn't use a ton of drivers, mostly long floating putters and mid range shots b/c if you don't control your disc it could go a really long way the wrong way on some of the holes.
Cons: The road base tee boxes get pretty lumpy and slippery at times. This is really the only thing that needs to be improved to make a 5 star course. I understand that concrete is impossible to install at this course, but rubber pads like Fly Pads or any other rubber pad would make this course perfect.
Other Thoughts: If you're going to play in the front range/Denver area this is the best course to play hands down. If you read my other reviews I tend to be pretty picky, but this course really is a very good course. Played it twice, shot -4 & -1.

sweet sweet course!

2-4    8/13/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: russkins
Pros: Everything about this course is amazing. The first hole is quite a sight. Once you get on top of the ridge you get a chance to play the ultimate wooded golf course. Alot of hole that are memorable, 5, 7 , 16 n 17 are by far the coolest holes ive ever played. Benches and bag holders on every hole, signs and paths are very well made. Also this course is the first time i have ever seen a mowed down fairways out in the middle of the forest!!! How cool is that!
Cons: NONE!
Other Thoughts: The first time in Colorado and wanted to play a nice wooded course and wow did this place not disapoint. If i ever get a chance to go back n play this course im not leaving any of my friends n fellow golfers behind even if i have to cram them in my suitcase because no golfer should go without playing this course!

You have to play it!!!

5+    8/20/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: DGWookie
This review was updated on 9/26/2009
Pros: Phenomenal course with a wide variety of challenges, and I don't mean just throwing your discs. The course is in mountainous terrain, so be prepared like you're going on a short hike. Two things I wish I had - #1 better shoes on my feet, #2 more liquids. The first 3 holes are up hill and will get the lungs working overtime. It is worth the climb!!! Weaving around and past the trees is no small task, but I surely didn't need my full bag of discs to get the job done. Also, rollers can really take off and have you on the hunt.

Wildlife
Wild flowers
Awesome scenery
Well maintained
Clean
Benches
Quiet and peaceful
Cons: nope
Other Thoughts: Take your camera!!!

Awesome Course!!!

2-4    8/14/2009   8/16/2009
Review By: klenglfr
Pros: Sweet course in the mountains. Lots of elevation changes. Multiple pins and a few holes have 2 tees. Signs show exactly where the pins could be. Not too challenging. Many ace chances. I almost had one but the chains didn't like me. Good workout for the legs and lungs if you are from Missouri like me. I absolutely loved it. Played it twice in one day. Signs have little messages on them that are kind of fun to read I guess.
Cons: Long ass walk to first tee. From parking lot take the path that goes along Foxton not the one that goes up the giant hill. I walked for over a mile up the wrong path before I found a hole and backtracked the course to #1. No trash cans.
Other Thoughts: Wouldn't recommend playing it with a sprained ankle like I did. Bring a camera.

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15